F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Tail light possibilities

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2008, 06:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tail light possibilities

Hey guys so my bike came with a clear alternatives clear lens tail light but i dont believe it is one with integrated turn signals or at least it isnt hooked up. the thing is though that the light i have has two led sets left and right with individual wiring i believe so i was wondering if it is in any way possible to wire it up to be a somewhat make shift integrated unit. any help would be appreciated.

Old 03-17-2008, 07:15 PM
Default RE: Tail light possibilities

there are some integrator kits i guess , i'm confident i saw ones on 1tail.com.

Old 03-17-2008, 08:11 PM

all i could find there was a whole new tail light assembly. im just wondering if its possible to wire my existing light some way. im sure there is i just dont want to chance it.

Old 03-18-2008, 12:24 PM

http://www.flashalert.com/integrator.htm

Something like this is the only way to make an LED tail to be converted into an integrated kit. They did have a modification where you wired in a "trailer light" kit, but that only worked for bulb style tails.

You might could just sell the one you have and buy an integrated one instead.

Old 03-18-2008, 01:24 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ok, I hope I can help with this. Does your taillight look anything like this:

If you have the integrated taillight, then the unit should have two yellow wires sticking out from just above the two holes in the back of the light. These wires have to be hooked up to your signals. If the turn signals have not been removed, then you will have to do so. Remove them from there plug in point into the wiring harness and then cut the plug from the light. Make sure you give yourself enough wire. Solder the wire together, the yellow from the taillight to the (on my bike) blue with green stripe and the other yellow to the orange with green stripe. The green wire is for the grownd. You don't need to do anything with that. I suggest before soldering them together, just twist it together, plug it in and make sure you have it working. Again on my bike the blue is for the right and the orange is for the left turn signal. This is the best pic I can provide you with. I hope this helps.

Old 03-23-2008, 02:29 PM

I just wired this one on my '05.

http://1tail.com/sa/p/Turn_Signal_Assimilator.htm

Super easy. Integrates rear turn signals with brake lights bulbs. I struggled with a trailer kit I got at Auto Zone and couldn't get it to work but now that I installed this one I think I could probably figure out how to install the trailer kit.