CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   Tail Conversion (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/tail-conversion-32562/)

Jhamblett 03-04-2007 03:23 PM

Tail Conversion

Hey guys, I am in the process of switching to the more comfortable bananna seat(thanks to Thirdgenxli). I currently have the 02' tail and want the bananna for comfort both for me and my girl. I thought everything was going smooth till i remembered i have a high mount exhaust, and never thought about it until now. What do you guys think about having a high mount exhuast on a bananna seat? Will my girl be able to put her legs on the pegs without being burned? Tell me what you think. It's a M4 highmount exhaust. Thanks Jhamblett

mynavi 03-04-2007 03:33 PM

RE: Tail Conversion

i'm not sure with the m4, but i have a devil high mount. haven't had any complaints about it being hot, but that may be because of the carbon fiber muffler. i think as long as she knows it's there and keeps her leg off it, she should be finehttp://a243.ac-images.myspacecdn.com...367bcc6f6a.jpg

Jhamblett 03-04-2007 03:44 PM

Thanks that helps alittle, anyone have a 04' because that is the style i am going too. Looks like it might work.

Jhamblett 03-04-2007 09:29 PM

Bump!

Jhamblett 03-05-2007 04:08 PM

Well i called M4 today, and the guy thinks that i will need to make my own bracket to have my high mount work on the bananna seat subframe.

devlzluv 03-05-2007 09:26 PM

lol damn i wanna trade u my banana seat for ur dual seat, lol and i just ordered the targa solo cowl for my banana

alekinci 03-05-2007 10:00 PM

even with that cowl the tail on the 04-06 is wack. i cant believe that honda had a never to do that to us.

Jhamblett 03-05-2007 10:56 PM

Guys when i get the parts off my bike and get everything from Thirdgenlxi which will prob be in 2 weeks or so, i am going to sell all my parts. What does everyone want me to do, put the parts on ebay or have people bid on here. let me know i am going to sell as a package because of the high demand. jhamblett

CBR BoyRacer 03-05-2007 11:55 PM

If never understood why people convert their bikes to the split seats. If I didn't want a more comfortable seat I would have bought the RR instead of the f4i ($500 difference at the time). The best part of the f4i is the fact that it's an awesome bike with great ergonomics. Take away the seat and what's the point of even having it? You might as well have bought one of those bikes (they shall remain nameless) that make huge sacrifices in the name of trendy and aggressive looks. Make no mistake, they look great....but the ride sucks.

thirdgenlxi 03-06-2007 12:11 AM

ORIGINAL: CBR BoyRacer

If never understood why people convert their bikes to the split seats. If I didn't want a more comfortable seat I would have bought the RR instead of the f4i ($500 difference at the time). The best part of the f4i is the fact that it's an awesome bike with great ergonomics. Take away the seat and what's the point of even having it? You might as well have bought one of those bikes (they shall remain nameless) that make huge sacrifices in the name of trendy and aggressive looks. Make no mistake, they look great....but the ride sucks.
Not entirely.... there's alot more to the ergos than just the seat. It is a big part of it, but definitely not everything. I've ridden both the 600RR and 1000RR many times over, and my F4i even with the split seats is still way more comfy and tolerable for longer distances than the RR's. The banana seat is still more comfortable hands down, but the difference between the 2 on the F4i is small.... it's still a comfy bike either way.