CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   T-Rex front and rear stands review (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/t-rex-front-rear-stands-review-81945/)

StrikeAnywhere 11-04-2008 05:16 PM

T-Rex front and rear stands review

First off, Im sure some of you have these stands and love them and they were probably great right out of the box and when they aren't supporting your bike they probablyfetch the paper andgive you a reach around but here is my review -which is not all bad.

I went with T-Rex even though they are more expensivethan the bargain models like flyncycle and others on ebay. They are less than the Pitbull stands which are real high.

Overall the steel is plenty thick for the task and the wheels seem stout enough to last awhile. It was the freakin drilling of the holes and the way the wheels were pressed in that sucked ass. I had to redrill the holes largeron the outside/top halfjust to get the bolts in. And the rollers aren't even straight unless you put a lot of weight on them. Also the plastic thumb handle where you tighten the sliding brackets were broke the fuk off. Thanks for the jagged broken plastic parts T-Rex. After about an hour of fiddling with the pieces of shyt I got them to where they will jack up the bike.

To summarize, if you are in the market for standssave your money and buy the cheap ones, cause I'm sure they will be just as good as the overpriced T-Rex stands.

PlayfulGod 11-04-2008 05:20 PM

RE: T-Rex front and rear stands review

ORIGINAL: StrikeAnywhere

First off, Im sure some of you have these stands and love them and they were probably great right out of the box and when they aren't supporting your bike they probablyfetch the paper andgive you a reach around but here is my review -which is not all bad.

I went with T-Rex even though they are more expensivethan the bargain models like flyncycle and others on ebay. They are less than the Pitbull stands which are real high.

Overall the steel is plenty thick for the task and the wheels seem stout enough to last awhile. It was the freakin drilling of the holes and the way the wheels were pressed in that sucked ass. I had to redrill the holes largeron the outside/top halfjust to get the bolts in. And the rollers aren't even straight unless you put a lot of weight on them. Also the plastic thumb handle where you tighten the sliding brackets were broke the fuk off. Thanks for the jagged broken plastic parts T-Rex. After about an hour of fiddling with the pieces of shyt I got them to where they will jack up the bike.

To summarize, if you are in the market for standssave your money and buy the cheap ones, cause I'm sure they will be just as good as the overpriced T-Rex stands.

Funny I had none of those issues. Did you contact T-Rex about your issues????

John Mellencamp 11-04-2008 05:26 PM

Got my T rex stands a few months ago and worked great for me . If something isn`t right I`m sure they would have made it right seems like a proffessional Business .

StrikeAnywhere 11-04-2008 05:28 PM

Thought about contacting them and still might. I have been waiting for parts and junk for my winter project and sending the stands back would put me further behind so I will probably just deal with it.

I may send them an email with some photos but it probably won't make any difference.

All I can do at this point is try to keep someone else from ending up with some of thier crap. Hefty crap it is though.

John Mellencamp 11-04-2008 05:31 PM

When I received them I was thinking how well packaged and made they were just needed some more detailed instructions .

bluej511 11-04-2008 05:33 PM

i had no problems with mine and they held the bike up fine for 6month.

some guy #2 11-04-2008 06:09 PM

Same problem with the plastic turn knobs breaking off. I emailed the ebay seller and got replacements in like 4 days. Other than the broke plastic I had no issues.

Stephens 11-04-2008 09:49 PM

I got a front trex and have a cheap one for the rear. No problems for me.

95camaro01f4i 11-05-2008 06:39 AM

i had these i plan to buy another set. http://discountramps.com/motorcycle-stands.htmhttp://discountramps.com/mcImages/mo...tand-kit-3.jpg
i thought the worked pretty good. i was expecting some flex in them but there was non.

firemanron 11-05-2008 07:17 AM

+1 on camaro up top. I have the same black widow and they work just fine. Havent had any problems yet.