F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Stunting Question.

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2006, 11:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stunting Question.

Personally, I dont think Im really for extreme stunts but im pretty sure Im gonna wreck the bike no matter what I do.
I can do wheelies, but they are weak, no lie. I can get it up an keep it up for a 3 seconds. But I am more interested in doing stoopies. Im sure im gonna drop the bike, just hope it would not be too bad on my bones. Now, i go up to like 30 mph and i press the brake a bit and then i really choke it hard. My front goes all the way down and my body it leaning and pressing forward; and still the back is not coming up. The brakes dont feel like they are locking up, my take is that the bike brake too smooth but abrupt. No stoopies. I think I got the only f4i with ABS. Little help. I would love a video with instructions on this matter.
Thanks for reading this.

Old 06-22-2006, 12:32 AM
Default RE: Stunting Question.

What the hell is a stoopie?

Old 06-22-2006, 12:57 AM

hahaha.

Don't "choke" it. You have to gradually squeeze into it. Keep squeezing until you feel the tail come up and let go until you can get confortable and your balance right. DON'T panic and keep straight. Once you feel the tail come down stick your legs and don't fall. If you take it easy you shouldn't drop the bike. GL.

Old 06-22-2006, 01:13 AM

Thanks WRx, I have tried many different ways and its working out. I will feel extremely embarasted if the riding chick im my group will get it down before me. I would like to have some more info though.

Stoopie is an endo. you know, rolling on the front wheel with the back up the in the air.

Old 06-22-2006, 01:17 AM

stoppies are fun to do but you need to ease into them. start with really small ones, like when you come to a red light, slow down with the front brake but before you stop completely put more and more tension on the front brakes until the rear end lifts. at the beginning you will prob be a at dead stop when it finally lifts. do a hundred and fifty of these everywhere you go to get used to the feeling. each time you can try and get the rear a little higher. the more confidence you build the faster you will hit the brake. rolling them, on the other hand takes some control. just before the balance point of the stoppie you let some pressure off the brake and you will notice the front will roll on one wheel. if you let off the brakes to early the rear end will come down right away, too late and the rear end will prob come down on you on the other side, trust me this hurts. releasing at the right time allows you to stay within the balance point and roll. after that point its just learning the correct control to keep it in the balance point.

thats how i started. i know stoppie on my f4i for a good distance. but be warn these front ends arent that good for stoppies. but good luck. get a cage on your bike too. cause all it takes is one crash

Old 06-22-2006, 01:57 AM

WHAT IS A CAGE? SLIDERS? CAN I HAVE A PHOTO PLEASE?

Old 06-22-2006, 02:24 AM

thanks greer

Old 06-22-2006, 03:07 AM

A cage is an actual cage that goes around the engine to stop it from takin the punishment when you drop your bike. They work a whole hell of alot better for stunters than frame sliders. Sliders are mainly made for sliding down the highway. Just look up Frame Cages and Frame sliders to find some pictures. I have sliders on my bike. Just look at the big nobby things sticking out the sides of the fairings in my photo gallery.

Old 06-22-2006, 11:56 AM

I've got a Freestyle Ingenuity cage on mine. The general consensus is that this style is the best for the F4i's. Heres the only pic I have that shows it somwhat decent.

Old 06-22-2006, 01:58 PM

my cages can be seen at:

www.myspace.com/rockst3ady

freestyl is the best for the f4i's in my opinion

Quick Reply: Stunting Question.