F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

straight pipe on a sport bike ....?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2007, 04:52 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: straight pipe on a sport bike ....?

okay.

as someone else said....if you have a straight pipe...

you know what, lets say you have ur STOCK f4i can but cut in half....for w/e reason.....there is certain material(i forgot the name) in the can that will simply vaporize and go away over time....thus, you will need to open the tip of the can and RE-fill it....

if you DON'T....

the valves need to be kept warm....everytime you go ride and you let off the gas and you hear the bike back-fire....thats the pipe sucking in COLD air and thats gonna go straight to the other end and keep cooling up the "warm" spot.

now, im sure that almost all of you guys have heard ur bike back fire when ur riding high revs and u let off the gas towards red light....depending on your mufflre, that will hurt ur bike becaz it is sucking in cool air and altho the muffler doesn't let alot that that cool air through...some still will get through...

now imagine that same thing, but with no muffler in the way to even "try" and keep that cool air out.

...conclusion: over time, this WILL hurt your bike.

besides all this talk about a straight pipe hurtin ur bike and all, ur bike WILL run like ****. if you don' believe me, take off your muffler and take ur bike for a spin around the block. u WILL notice the huge drop in performance.

Old 04-18-2007, 04:59 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ride hard. My bike never backfires. I have a pciii and mapped.

Old 04-18-2007, 05:35 AM

ORIGINAL: Hindra

1st, define "backfire"

Old 04-18-2007, 09:50 AM

F4isvt on here did it, i ride with him alot and he took it off because it gave him and I a Headache! But did sound cool from a distance!

Old 04-18-2007, 10:41 AM

ORIGINAL: Dirtytoes

okay.

as someone else said....if you have a straight pipe...

you know what, lets say you have ur STOCK f4i can but cut in half....for w/e reason.....there is certain material(i forgot the name) in the can that will simply vaporize and go away over time....thus, you will need to open the tip of the can and RE-fill it....

if you DON'T....

the valves need to be kept warm....everytime you go ride and you let off the gas and you hear the bike back-fire....thats the pipe sucking in COLD air and thats gonna go straight to the other end and keep cooling up the "warm" spot.

now, im sure that almost all of you guys have heard ur bike back fire when ur riding high revs and u let off the gas towards red light....depending on your mufflre, that will hurt ur bike becaz it is sucking in cool air and altho the muffler doesn't let alot that that cool air through...some still will get through...

now imagine that same thing, but with no muffler in the way to even "try" and keep that cool air out.

...conclusion: over time, this WILL hurt your bike.

besides all this talk about a straight pipe hurtin ur bike and all, ur bike WILL run like ****. if you don' believe me, take off your muffler and take ur bike for a spin around the block. u WILL notice the huge drop in performance.
that back fire on peoples bikes is not from cold air going back into the exhuast system though its from the exhuast system having excess fuel build up from running to rich and then the hot exhuast gas ignititing the fuel. if you were running lean this would not happen.

your sorta right but your wrong at the same time with the air flow and taking the muffler off. 4 cylender engines have a slower exhuast flow and puleses more then a v8 which has a steady flow. what might be happening when you take off your muffler is that your effecting the exhuast flown velocity. you would get the same effect if you increased the diamiter of your exhuast to be to large.

Old 04-19-2007, 01:22 AM

note: the MIC on my camera sucks....its actually WAY LOUDER...u can hear me yelling to get my voice through and the neighbor complaining at the end.
ha ha! "*** hole"
thanx man, thats what i wanted to hear, it just sounds the same but really loud.
if you look close, you can see the camera shudder as you rev it from the vibration of it.
Thanx man,

Old 04-19-2007, 05:47 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Hindra

1st, define "backfire"
flames...pops.... a backfire is when cold air is introduced to unburned gas still in the exhaust... my bike doesnt backfire.

Old 04-19-2007, 11:07 AM

It may sound real good but you will burn your valves up!

Old 04-19-2007, 11:49 AM

Maybe im wrong but the mv agusta f4-1000 seems to be pretty close to straight pipes it would be pretty cool to get one of those to fit on a cbr

Old 08-27-2007, 06:34 AM

But straight pipes sound cool though![/align][/align]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_01TMtOnw4&NR=1[/align]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-92ENCUQtwY[/align]

Quick Reply: straight pipe on a sport bike ....?