F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Stolen Bike or just parted out on ebay?

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2007, 06:22 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stolen Bike or just parted out on ebay?

I tend to have a habit of always checkin ebay for new deals that pop up. I just noticed there's a whole bunch of auctions going basically for every part of an f4i. There's the engine, frame, transmission, wiring harness, gas tank, everything.

I also noticed most of the parts are being sold by different sellers. I'm assuming they don't want it obvious that one person is selling all the parts so they have different accounts to sell them from.

This seems suspicious to me but it could actually be just a guy who tore apart his biketo sell individually. Also, I'm not sure if thieves are dumb enough to sell all the parts all at once on ebay... or are they? lol.

Just wanted to point this out and see if others agree with me.

Old 03-14-2007, 07:07 AM
Default RE: Stolen Bike or just parted out on ebay?

buy all of the matching pieces and see if it all fits back together

thats one way to see

Old 03-14-2007, 10:11 AM

To answer your question yes they are dumb enough to do it because in reailty they wouldnt get caught. Most of the time the parts they are selling dont have the vin or modifers on it. They are just replacement pieces that end up breaking from accidents or falls.

Old 03-14-2007, 03:16 PM

why would they be dumb to sell parts on ebay? except for the frame everything (including enige) can be easily sold with out having anyone do a trace on the actual owner. do you really care if some dude just sells a swingarm for a bike and the rest of his auctions are for books and cookware?
if you asking him is this from his bike; he'll just say "no, im selling it for a friend"

lets say that fairing did have serial numbers, you wouldnt by one if the price was right? you think a cop will put you over and say "that fairing looks stolen". the main thing is that you are right about being careful with buying stuff online. all of us need to do the research prior to purchase.

Old 03-14-2007, 03:27 PM

Thats what im saying i just bought two replacement stock blue and black fairings for my 06 bike about a month ago i got both of them for 350. Knowing that one cost anywhere from 390-500 i jumped on the deal and only one of htem had a defect that was fixed with fiber glass and no one could tell unless i pointed it out and got up on the piece that was cracked.

I do agree when you got to be careful but it happens all the time. For all i know i bought my pieces from when my bike was stollen you know. LOL.

Old 03-14-2007, 05:46 PM
BIO

i won 1 auction like 3 weeks ago and ask the seller for more detailed pics... or i wouldnt send my payment he said hell get pics next monday whenever he gets to the place where he keept the pieces , since then i havent heard from him hoffmanmotorsports is the seller... the think that make me think twice about sending the $ is tha he states that he lives in Anaheim , and thats like 20 minutes from my place then i asked him for a local pick up and he re[plyed saying that he moved to San Fransico and the acc is not even a month old.

Old 03-14-2007, 05:48 PM

I guess everyone just has to get use to the fact they might be buying stollen parts.