F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

stock highbeams

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2012, 01:07 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stock highbeams

just wondering how many of you guys still have the stock headlights on and am wanting your opinion.
i see that you are suppose to drive with low beam at night, but i do not like the looks of it one bit. (looks like one dead bulb)
you ride with high beam during the day, but i would to like ride with them on at night with traffic and cars as i think they are not blinding but i would like your opinion.
a friend of mine bought a 250r recently and his stock highbeams blinds me during the day, i cannot say the same for my cbr 02.
so i was wondering if anyone with stock headlights ride with highbeam on at night and not get pulled over?
there are other options for headlight conversions..,but another time.

Old 02-21-2012, 01:22 AM

i ride with my stock highbeam on at night, but I pointed it down to where it really lights up the road well. Still gives off enough light to make my self noticeable and slightly annoying

Old 02-21-2012, 03:00 AM
July 2008 ROTM

I've always been a supporter of never messing with the high beam. Don't alter it, and use it when you're supposed to. Which means NOT at night unless you're away from traffic. It's dangerous to blind other traffic.

Old 02-21-2012, 03:15 AM

I have the stock bulbs on my bike. I ride with the high beams on during the day and night. I have never had anyone flash their lights at me or anything. I personally feel like the high beams allows you to be seen easier AND allows you to see more too. I agree on the one head light look, it looks stupid, therefore my high beam stays on.

Old 02-21-2012, 07:42 AM

I ride with the high beams on during the day, and during the night when there is no oncoming traffic so that I don't blind them and cause an accident.

I don't have stock headlights though, I have 6k HIDs. They really light up the road, I can see the deer in the ditches/woods by the road way before I get to them!

Old 02-21-2012, 01:29 PM

So would it be safe to say if my highbeams do not blind me looking directly at like...nvm I'm ride with it at night!

Old 02-21-2012, 02:12 PM

I guess you could just ride w/ the high beam on and see how often you get flashed by cars. I've been flashed by people in the daytime b/c of my high beam being on, and it's just the stock setup which I checked the adjustment on so it's good.

Old 02-21-2012, 11:32 PM
July 2008 ROTM

I honestly don't know why this topic even comes up. The benefits of riding with your highbeams on at night NEVER outweigh the reasons not to. It's like not wearing a helmet. You cannot possibly rationalize that not wearing a helmet is better than wearing one.

It's people's safety at stake. Your's AND others. Don't mess with that.

You can't judge how a headlight will affect other drivers by standing in front of it and looking at it.

Old 02-22-2012, 01:32 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Aken
I honestly don't know why this topic even comes up. The benefits of riding with your highbeams on at night NEVER outweigh the reasons not to. It's like not wearing a helmet. You cannot possibly rationalize that not wearing a helmet is better than wearing one.

It's people's safety at stake. Your's AND others. Don't mess with that.

You can't judge how a headlight will affect other drivers by standing in front of it and looking at it.
Not only that but most rationalize doing this for "safety reasons" when everyone knows it's because of image/ and or getting tired of being told one of your lights are out. Same with loud pipes save lives... blah blah. At least admit you do it for the look.

I run HIDs these days and even with the other light angled down pretty good, it will still blind other drivers if they are directly in the next lane or in front of me. If I'm coming up on a group of cars, I go to one beam. If there is no median in between south/northbound traffic, once again I flick to low beam when cars are approaching. I got flashed several times the first couple days riding with them on all the time and I have not been flashed ever since then after doing the above.

If it kills a bulb eventually.... big deal.

Old 02-22-2012, 10:42 PM
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

I absolutley hate people that ride with highbeams on at night. I refuse to ride with them unless they're ahead of me. Its one of the most selfish things a person can do on a bike.

Quick Reply: stock highbeams