F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Stands for the F4i?

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2007, 09:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stands for the F4i?

Forgive me if I sound a bit naive here but my previous bike was a Ninja 250 with a center stand. It is my understanding that with the F4i we need to use a stand that has the rubber flat mounts...is this correct? From what I've been able to gather is that we can't use spools unless we do some drilling in the swingarm.

I'm wanting to get something to get the tires off my garage floor for the winter. Local Honda dealer here has the Lockhart Phillips rear stand for 65.00. Yay, nay? I'd be using it for the lift for the winter and also for maintenance such as cleaning and lubing the chain etc

Thanks

Goose

Old 11-27-2007, 09:56 PM
Default RE: Stands for the F4i?

you are correct. the only stand on the bike is the kickstand so to get the tire off the ground you need a rear stand. spools either require swingarm modification or some custom work.

as far as which stand, i had a Lockhart Phillips stand before and compared to my new stands, the LP was pretty bad. i would check out http://www.t-rex-racing.com/ and look at their stands. for $150 bucks you can get front, rear, and a triple stand, which is what i just bought a few months ago. these stands are great, very sturdy, plus you can keep both tires off the ground, you can also buy just a rear if you are on a budget, which is still cheaper than the LP one. other popular stands are the Vortex ones and Pit-Bull, and while i've never used them, i've heard they are very good as well, just a little on the pricey side. hope that helps!

Last edited by axsys; 12-18-2014 at 09:15 AM.
Old 11-27-2007, 10:35 PM
Retired Moderator

I don't know what your budget is, but man oh man I love my PitBull stands. They cost a little more money, but if you do your own maintenance (take off wheels, oil changes,chain lubes, etc)they'll pay for themselves in no time. I got a front and rear stand and would spend the money again, even if I didn't have it.

Old 11-28-2007, 06:54 AM

I have the T-Rex, it is awesome, and cheap too.

Old 11-28-2007, 08:46 PM

How is the front wheel held up?

Goose

Old 11-28-2007, 11:06 PM

to lift the front wheel you have 2 options. you can get a front stand that lifts the bike from the bottom of the forks, or a triple stand, which lifts from the lower triple tree using a large pin that slides into the triple. IMO the triple stand is much safer and pretty easy to use. the only thing is that you have to loosen your horn to pivot it out of the way, but thats not really a big deal...

Last edited by axsys; 12-18-2014 at 09:15 AM.
Old 11-29-2007, 09:29 AM

you know instead of drilling holes for your spools, i read a post about a week ago where this guy put a rod through the rear of his axle, straight through, screwed some spools on the end, and there you go. No modification at all and a great setup. I tried to look for the post, but could not find it. maybe someone else will. Good luck.

Old 11-29-2007, 09:34 AM

here, goose, check this out.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Axle-...spagenameZWD1V

Old 11-29-2007, 02:19 PM

yeah, but you can't change a sprocket like that.

Old 11-29-2007, 04:06 PM

You are right But I just want to get the bike off the floor and to use it for minor maintenance. (chain lube etc)

Do these things seem safe?

Goose

Quick Reply: Stands for the F4i?