CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   Stainless, Titanium, or Carbon Fiber slip on? (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/stainless-titanium-carbon-fiber-slip-99562/)

CHEMISTRANGER 08-24-2009 08:04 AM

Stainless, Titanium, or Carbon Fiber slip on?

This thread is kind of an add on to the one I started, Yoshi or Two Bros.
I thought this question would be better asked on it's own.
The only reason I ask this is because someone said that CF starts to look bad after a while.

What do you guys think: Stainless, Titanium, or Carbon Fiber?
Money isn't really an issue. I was all set on CF until I heard that comment
that CF looks bad with age.

Thanks
Joe

2H company 08-24-2009 12:25 PM

Just get whatever you like. Look at all of them and ask yourself what you like the best.

If the money isn't an issue, then what can stop you from buying a new CF over some time? I have Yoshi CF on mine, about 6 yo and still looks good.

Zero1080 08-24-2009 12:50 PM

yeah, I've had carbon fiber on mine for 4 and looks great. It's even better constructed IMO, then stainless. I dumped my bike, and all i got was a hairline scratch about an inch big. CF FTW

yog182 08-24-2009 08:26 PM

The two bro's have been known to fade a little more or turn yellowish over time then other carbon fiber cans.. This also depends on how you take care of your bike to. If you let it sit out in the weather then it will wear a lot faster. I have a scorpion CF on mine now and it looks great.. I had a Micron CF that was 8 years old on a F4 and that had a slight fade but still looked good.

PlayfulGod 08-24-2009 08:31 PM

CF, if ya take care of your bike it wont fade much at all. And newer CF cans dont fade like olders ones do/did.

Jerzdan 08-24-2009 08:36 PM

Go carbon fiber. Dont Have to worry about a passenger burning themselves either cause i doesnt get nearly as hot... Just my 2cents

dohcdelsol 08-24-2009 10:01 PM

so other then looks/money, whats the benefit to cf over the others? just that it doesnt get nearly as hot as the others? im in the same boat. enjoyed the stock exhaust for a while, now just lookin for somethin different.

sleestak 08-24-2009 10:05 PM

My vote is for CF. You don't know pain until you peel your skin off your standard can. CF stays cool, looks great, sounds great. Never heard of a fading issue on the CF models of today. If your bike is in the sun that much, your seat and fairings will probably out fade your CF exhaust!

akaptyn 08-25-2009 10:22 AM

How about performance and sound? I don't really care what it looks like because I have the stock exhaust and personally like tis aesthetics better than the yoshi CF. However the stock exhaust is not very loud at all. Any suggestions for some good low and high rpm sounds that will turn heads?

2H company 08-25-2009 11:49 AM

CF improves HP by at least 6.7 and sounds much better than non CF!!! :icon_look:

I'm just joking :)

You can go for any after market exhausts. I like Yoshi, although people say that Yoshi is designed specifically for Suzuki.

I'm going to try two brothers next time.