F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Spy 5000m alarm system help!

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2011, 04:24 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's best you don't install remote start it will damage the ECM/CDI...

Old 08-15-2011, 11:14 AM

Why don't you think a little outside the square, and use the taillight wire. On my F4i, this is only fed 12V when the ignition is switched

Old 08-18-2011, 05:57 AM

Don't connect any alarm wires to CDI..CDI accumulate alot of voltage if shortage it will damage the CDI..

Old 09-18-2011, 09:37 AM

alright guys, well im going to go ahead and say i just hooked up a remote starter and first try it worked, then second try it wouldn't prime the fuel pump. now it will only prime the fuel pump occasionally but for the most part it wont. key works, everything works fine, no issue other than the fuel pump not always coming on when it tries to remote start, all connections are fine that i can tell, i have redone a few, but still intermittent. any ideas? bike starts fine with key, idle mode works fine(activates the remote start and allows you to remove key without shutting off the machine), and can be enabled and disabled, engine stop switch works fine, neutral safety works fine.......

can we get a little better write up about the pink 9v wire set up, what years of f4i that had to be done. now im not using a spy5000 im using a prostart, but across the board most should work one way or another, but what really confuses me is that it worked a few times, started with no problems. but the majority the fuel pump wont prime. any ideas? lets get this thread going again. i have searched and searched about an f4i with remote start and cant find much other than whats on cbrforums u would think that the12volt would cover our bikes

i have the IGN+ from the remote starter hooked up to the red/black wire off the ignition, i see that people have swiched that wire to the black wire going to the engine stop relay from the grey 10p connector. i will give this a try.

Last edited by fairman86; 09-18-2011 at 01:32 PM.
Old 12-27-2011, 03:32 PM

My God, this is an old Post BUT fyi i havent make it work!!!!!!! Damm....

Old 12-28-2011, 02:55 PM

got mine to work, just have to make sure that you jump the ign+ from the remote starter over to the pink wire, BUT you have to put a resistor and a zener diode in line to make sure you only are putting 9v max to the pinbk wire. if it sees the full 12v to the pink wire, the HISS system thinks that someone is hot wiring it and will not prime the fuel pump. another way is to hook it up the normal way. and install an HID kit. you have to have it set up so that the running lights are hooked to the headlights, leave the headlights on high beam, allowing them to fire both bulbs. if you blink the lights first they put 12v into the ballasts, then fire the bulbs and shut them off. this leaves a small amount of voltage in the system tricking the HISS system thinking its seeing around 9v to the pink wire through the ign+ kicks on the fuel pump allowing it to start, once started it wont turn off the fuel pump. its a way around it, but requires an HID kit. the simple way is to hook up a resistor and zener diode, you can get them at "the source" (canada) or "radioshack" (usa) if they dont have them in stock they can order them. for the types and specs on the resistors and zener diode, just search 01 cbr600 f4i HISS system ingition switch. its common with guys who want to remove the key'd ignition and put in a ignition switch for their stunt bike

Old 12-28-2011, 03:49 PM

Maybe tha's true but my bike dont have HISS, at least i dont see that on the ignition...

Old 12-28-2011, 04:02 PM

in 01 when they went to fuel injected they also decided to add the HISS system, although a basic version of it, it still has a HISS system. The newer models, as well as the rr's and 1000rr's have either a "RF ID" key or a chip key, the 01-05 i believe have the "pink wire" .......... RESEARCH........ just because you dont have the "HISS" sticker above your key hole doesnt mean you dont have it.

Last edited by fairman86; 12-28-2011 at 04:11 PM.
Old 12-31-2011, 10:46 AM

A few days ago i was trying to make it work but i blew a fuse of the alarm and now i cant make the remote stop (stop the engine) and it also dont make the 3 beeps reminder when i park the bike!!!! WTF!!

Old 12-31-2011, 11:06 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Honestly John I rarely use the remote start. I also discovered when started via the remote, it somehow bypasses the radiator fan.

I had a low battery and figured (correctly) starting via the remote would get her running since it'd beat the draw from the lights. I left her running so the battery would charge a bit while I put on my gear (bout 5-10 min). When I got back, temp was at 250 and the fan was not running.

Quick Reply: Spy 5000m alarm system help!