F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

spinning the f4i

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2009, 03:29 PM
July 2008 ROTM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you mean on the kickstand, then yes it can be done. All my friends do it to their bikes and have yet to see one break.

The way I do it is turn the handlebars to the left locked position, grab the subframe around the battery (just in front of the passenger peg), tilt the weight onto the kickstand, then pull the left handlebar to pull the front wheel off the ground. Then spin, and set down.

I'm pretty weak, so it takes me a couple pulls to get it right (I could do it in one but I don't like leaning the bike THAT far into the kickstand), but it can be done no problem.

Old 02-05-2009, 03:53 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Though rare, I have heard of someones breaking after a while but more often, it won't break but eventually bend it slightly to where it leans too far when you park. Not worth the risk imo as it wasn't designed for it.

Old 02-05-2009, 03:58 PM

I think we are thinking about it too much. He needs to be more descriptive when asking a question.

Old 02-05-2009, 06:57 PM

yea i spin mine but only if i have to if its a 3 point turn to get facing the right direction i will spin or if there r cars and other bikes in the way i will spin but i try not to make a habit of it

Old 02-05-2009, 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by Stephens
I think we are thinking about it too much. He needs to be more descriptive when asking a question.
hes still asking for help on how to do it, even if he didnt ask right

Old 02-05-2009, 10:53 PM

i meant by spinning the bike on the kickstand. my friend did it on his '08 600RR
when i tried it it had close to full tank of gas. maybe u can only do it when the tanks getting low. thanks.

Old 02-05-2009, 11:21 PM

Let me get this right, you want to drive in a circle with the kickstand down, and thus spinning the bike around. I think first you have to bypass the kickstand kill switch, because the bike will die while in gear with the kickstand down. Once you have this bypassed, you would put the bike in gear, hold the front brake, release your clutch, give it gas and hold the front brake so you can spin around and also turning the handlebars, to give you the circular motion. Does that help explain this for you? I have never heard or seen this done, but I guess anything is possible.

Old 02-06-2009, 12:44 AM

Originally Posted by playb0i
i meant by spinning the bike on the kickstand. my friend did it on his '08 600RR
when i tried it it had close to full tank of gas. maybe u can only do it when the tanks getting low. thanks.
your welcome to search there is more
check the link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eu-aLE8WhEo

Old 02-06-2009, 11:12 AM

ive done it, and im only like 130 lbs. jus make sure you have one foot behind the kickstand so it wont fold in on you... 400 pound bike on top of you cant be good. and make sure ur kickstand hasnt been shortened by the previous owner making it weaker.

Old 02-06-2009, 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by Stephens
Let me get this right, you want to drive in a circle with the kickstand down, and thus spinning the bike around. I think first you have to bypass the kickstand kill switch, because the bike will die while in gear with the kickstand down. Once you have this bypassed, you would put the bike in gear, hold the front brake, release your clutch, give it gas and hold the front brake so you can spin around and also turning the handlebars, to give you the circular motion. Does that help explain this for you? I have never heard or seen this done, but I guess anything is possible.
this is nowhere close to what he is talking about. watch one of the vids posted

Quick Reply: spinning the f4i