F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Something louder

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2011, 04:48 PM
February 2012 ROTM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

That's why always keep your stock pipe. Worst case a fix ticket, swap it then go... No risk, no reward...right? True is, if cops wants to pull you over & pin you with any citation... There is plenty of ways they can, to pull you over. With that being said, try avoid revving it if cops are present. There has been debates what is loud Vs. A Strong sounding exhaust...once you slip it on...very difficult to go back OEM...totally not same feel

Originally Posted by MadHattr059
I gotta say, I'm thinking the future of loud is coming to a close.
With federal law saying, you have to maintain ALL the stock EPA equipment
& noise level as factory certified, our law-makers have given the police
the tools to bust the loud ones off the street. Especially with revenue
funding as it is, I figure that it will become a commonly enforced issue.

This is, of course, my solo-opinion but I'll lay down a quarter against any-one,
that with-in the next 5 years, unless you maintain a low noise profile, You're
gonna have talked to 'The Man'.

So why buy trouble? Impress people with your finesse, it will be a more positive
experience for all of us and them.

Old 07-29-2011, 09:48 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think it wouldn't be a very smart idea to enforce oem exhausts because when I'm driving in my car it's nice to hear the bike that is in my blind spit so I know something is there

Old 07-29-2011, 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by camaroloverx4
I think it wouldn't be a very smart idea to enforce oem exhausts because when I'm driving in my car it's nice to hear the bike that is in my blind spit so I know something is there
+100 lol. My exhaust is the reason I'm seen/heard mostly all the time that I'm riding

Old 07-29-2011, 01:20 PM
Default vid inc

I know this is an old thread, but it seems some people have some renewed interest in a loud pipe. Take a look at DanMoto, because they are super cheap, quality made, and i love the sound. You can find any number of reviews on these forums and Youtube, but I will upload a video this afternoon when I get off work so you can hear the idle as well as a drive-by.

-Zach

Old 07-29-2011, 01:45 PM
February 2012 ROTM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

+110% loud pipes saves lives...I heard that from HD riders years ago. But there is still debates if this is true... In my case, if drivers can't see me, I would want them to hear me? Right? It's been debated in this forum many times...what is consider LOUD? Harleys? Vs.. 2 bro exhaust on a CBR. I would like to think a thick strong hummmm...tone that you can feel - vibrates drivers would do it.

Originally Posted by camaroloverx4