F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

some help

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2006, 03:12 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default some help

rode my new 06 f4i in the rain for first time today and noticed some white smoke or steam coming from front of bike around the radiator area. the radiator wasn't leaking and the temp on the bike was 180. the overfill bowl was right at the line. could it be just steam from a hot bike? does your bike steam in the rain?

Old 12-23-2006, 03:53 AM
Ironmang
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: some help

Yep, always! Perfectly normal, it's just the water dripping down onto the hot headers and steaming. When I'm stuck in the rain and sitting at a long light it'll fog everything up, mirrors, windscreen, gauges, helmet visor, etc. One time sitting at a light a guy in a UPS truck next to me had his door open, and he leaned out and asked me "hey is your bike overheating or something?", cuz he saw the steam coming up. I said "nope, just a little wet... thats all" LOL

Old 12-23-2006, 05:48 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: some help

thanks. was a little worried. wow, 75,000 miles on your f4i! i plan on keeping mine for a long time and i love the f4i , and if i can get anywhere near your miles i'll be a honda convert for life. and thats just about how long it would take me to put 75,000 miles on the bike.