F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Some advice on buying an F4i?

Old 04-08-2013, 07:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks guys! I appreciate the help.

Old 04-09-2013, 09:25 AM

Matt im looking into it now... Are you looking for the split seat of the 01-03 models or banana seat 04-06?

Old 04-09-2013, 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by Halzinky
Matt im looking into it now... Are you looking for the split seat of the 01-03 models or banana seat 04-06?
That's a great big detail I forgot to include. Thanks for asking!

I would really like to try to get a 01-03, preferably silver. Definitely prefer the split seat look. Thanks again! I found a few in LA and the Inland Empire on CL but they all seem pretty beat/ modded/stunted etc..

Maybe I should add a few details just in case anyone who is selling comes across this post.
Prefer stock gear ratio
Exhaust upgrade is no problem, especially if it's high mount
Prefer no ecu/ power commander upgrades etc.
After market levers is good.
Original faring and paint job highly preferred.
Clean title essential.
Current Reg. Highly preferred.

I figure that covers me against most of the beat up/ rebuilt/ cover up type stuff that might be out there.

Last edited by MattSD; 04-09-2013 at 09:37 AM.
Old 04-09-2013, 11:35 AM

*****2002 CBR600 F4i****** BLACK/TAGS PAID UNTIL AUGUST/CLEAN TITLE

Check this one out and let me know what you think... Its in Bakersfield... I also have a meeting with the club Sat afternoon... Ill check with them and see if anyone has any info on an F4i... We had one a week ago but everyone jumped immediately with cash in hand

Old 04-09-2013, 01:23 PM

*****2002 CBR600 F4i****** BLACK/TAGS PAID UNTIL AUGUST/CLEAN TITLE

Check this one out and let me know what you think... Its in Bakersfield... I also have a meeting with the club Sat afternoon... Ill check with them and see if anyone has any info on an F4i... We had one a week ago but everyone jumped immediately with cash in hand
Hey, yeah I'm not surprised to hear everyone jumped on the one that was available through your club. I'm getting the impression that these things sell quick! I'm prepared to jump on something if the right bike comes up so that shouldn't be an issue. I'm pissed I missed out on the one I found near me, it was perfect.

That one looks good - only thing is I'm not comfortable with doing anything electrical. Rewiring headlights etc.. is probably a little out of my league, plus I might need to take a battery to get it running to check it out... hmm. I'll probably wait. Great honesty from the seller though, gotta admire that!

Old 04-09-2013, 01:30 PM

An F4i is a great bike, don't be afraid to expand your search an hour or so outside where you are from.

These bikes can be pretty cheap or really pricey depending on where, when, and especially who is selling... So you'll be able to find a few at 3k tier, definitely if you are looking for a split seat as well!

Old 04-09-2013, 02:09 PM

I had a lil concern with the millage on it at 37k... Not huge issue because its a honda but still prefer something lower... F4i is turning into a very rare bike in CA due to everyone wanting to stunt or track them... Dont see to many on the track anymore though...

Ill keep looking... Just remember if I find something your interested in ill check it out in person to make sure everything is good and its worth it

Old 04-10-2013, 02:17 AM

Whats going on OP.

I am a new rider and very lucky to pick up a 2002 F4i with 16k miles for ONLY 2k. This is my first bike and after reading all threads here, I feel like I got an even better deal.

Everyone is correct about the riding position, so relaxed. I have to put a few bucks into her though (ss brakes, signals, bulbs, and possibly new rear tire)

Good luck on your search! F4i is definitely a gem

Old 04-10-2013, 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by kevin...who?
An F4i is a great bike, don't be afraid to expand your search an hour or so outside where you are from.

These bikes can be pretty cheap or really pricey depending on where, when, and especially who is selling... So you'll be able to find a few at 3k tier, definitely if you are looking for a split seat as well!
I'm not too worried about going above 3k for one, it just has to be the right one for the money, you know? I'm definitely looking outside my immediate area. I'd be willing to travel 2-3 hours no problem if I knew exactly what I was getting in to and it was the right bike, problem is you don't know until you can see it in person and get it running etc.

I had a lil concern with the millage on it at 37k... Not huge issue because its a honda but still prefer something lower... F4i is turning into a very rare bike in CA due to everyone wanting to stunt or track them... Dont see to many on the track anymore though...

Ill keep looking... Just remember if I find something your interested in ill check it out in person to make sure everything is good and its worth it
I agree that they're getting more rare. When I bought my R6 I was initially looking for a CBR 600RR and I couldn't get away from F4i's. Seemed like they were everywhere. I didn't want one then so it wasn't a thing. I wish I was spoiled for choice now!

Thanks for the offer, I'll definitely let you know if anything comes up. If you come across anything good on your travels keep me posted, like I said, I'm willing to travel for the right bike.

Originally Posted by Bolo
Whats going on OP.

I am a new rider and very lucky to pick up a 2002 F4i with 16k miles for ONLY 2k. This is my first bike and after reading all threads here, I feel like I got an even better deal.

Everyone is correct about the riding position, so relaxed. I have to put a few bucks into her though (ss brakes, signals, bulbs, and possibly new rear tire)

Good luck on your search! F4i is definitely a gem
Hey Bolo! Congrats on your bike! Sounds like you did well- and jumped right in with some work. That's a great way to bond with a machine. Yeah, I keep hearing how comfy the F4i's are. Looking forward to it!

How much were the SS brake lines, where did you get them from?

Old 04-10-2013, 04:07 PM

The reason I'm changing to SS is because my brakes are very spongy. I have to squeeze all the way down to come to a stop and I already bled the **** out of them.

Worst comes to worst, ill bring it to my local shop and fork out the cash.

I got my SS lines here-- MotoMummy

https://www.motomummy.com/brake-line...r-front-lines/