CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   sold the 02 F4i; have a chance to get 'er back.....need advise... (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/sold-02-f4i-have-chance-get-er-back-need-advise-106425/)

duckorbleed 02-24-2010 09:38 PM

sold the 02 F4i; have a chance to get 'er back.....need advise...

i sold the bike to my buddy i bought it from for $500. (he gave me $300 down) (same price i bought it for from him, even though i eventually paid the way out dated registration of $498. since 04)

it needed work, left side plastic was missing and others busted all to heck. i need an official brake and lamp inspection to get the plate, yet they were being dicks about my aftermarket led tail light, and they wanted the factory signals, with reflectors.

so yea a lot of little **** here and there and my funds are tight.

so i let it go to my buddy who has the money.

weeks go by he calls me to tell me he lost all the fairings on the freeway, but the seat fairing.

today he got a ticket a block from his house for no plate and expired registration. he says the bike is a curse to him and he will sell it back to me for $200. (remember he gave me $300 for it down)...and he has a homie hook up for brake and lamp inspection sign off for $35. ;-)

so what to do what to do. right off the bat it will need a complete fairing kit; and unfortunately the cost alone of that is the biggest reason i may not buy her back.

in closing i need opinions and advise.
thanks all for your time in reading my soap opera rant.

******UPDATE******HERE ARE THE FACTS...
I have decided to sell the bike here. It is a SALVAGED title. thus why it needs a brake and lamp inspection. I paid the registration in October 09 that was over due from 2004, which cost me $498. ! the pics posted later in this thread are what it looked like when i sold it for $300. to my boi. he said i can have it back for the $300. however ALL of the fairings broke off on him on the freeway...i will be getting pics tonight to post here of how it looks now...
i have a stack of paperwork for the bike from prior owners that never completed the process. ALL IT NEEDS TO GET THE PLATE IS A BRAKE AND LAMP INSPECTION CERTIFICATE; AND REGISTRATION PAID FROM OCTOBER OF 09.

i know there are a lot of parties interested. Of course i could use some money off this but i not sure it will be fair to leave it for the highest bidder....so i was asking $350. (only makin $50.)

i have received a few emails as i have tried my best to reply while at work.
i am off tomorrow nad the weekend.
perhaps i can help someone as you can help me this weekend.

thanks for your time, feel free to email me royce_foster@att.net for those still interested.

Roy

vangill 02-24-2010 09:59 PM

ill buy it for 200 bucks!!! dude, do it, if you have a place you can just stick it till u get the money!! i think 200 bucks is a good deal. you dont have to run it with fairings, and yo could always fix it up later.

teko1020 02-24-2010 10:04 PM

IMO, if buying a set of fairings has got you this far in the air then its not worth buying it back. Just sounds like its not the right time for you to be investing in a money pit as expensive as maintaining a motorcycle. Fairings aren't all she is going to need.

duckorbleed 02-24-2010 10:22 PM

yea speaking of timing, i am still trying to pay off my mechanic for doing a motor swap on my import tuner honda crx....so perhaps i will try this;

anyone want to pick this bike up for lets say....$300.00 ?! all paperwork included with NIB frame sliders.

lmk @ royce_foster@att.net. located in glendale ca. 91205
i know it runs, will consider meeting you half way if interested.

Kuroshio 02-24-2010 10:28 PM

Buy it and part it out

ars1986 02-24-2010 10:56 PM

i would take it right now for that price. even a clean title frame would cost 200. bring it to daytona beach fl and i will give you 600. hows that for a deal. if it was me i would just ride it without plastics till i had the money to buy some. streetfighter it out!

Zero1080 02-24-2010 11:40 PM

Pictures? And I'm VERY interested. my email is indiansfan28@gmail.com

letsride 02-25-2010 11:37 AM

Yeah post some pictures,I'm only a few hrs. away from you.

929pimp 02-25-2010 12:13 PM

WTF is wrong with you? a titled F4i for 200$? thats insane I will come pick it up this weekend, its a 10hr drive for me so let me know ASAP I will make the drive friday if need be.

Zero1080 02-25-2010 12:16 PM

I've got dibs, and he's yet to email me.