F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

So, my bike got damaged today. .

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2007, 06:30 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: So, my bike got damaged today. .

if it were me and they said they would replace everything broken and repair the damage i would just pay for the service, cause u were gonna pay for it in the begining and then the bike fell and broke some stuff but their gonna fix it so ur basically where u started, thats kinda how i see it

Old 03-11-2007, 07:09 AM

IT won't change the title of the bike and it shouldn't be listed as a wrecked bike when they're done with the service and repairs. Take the yoshi and the oil changes, and pay for the service fee.

Old 03-11-2007, 12:14 PM

Take the Yoshi and the oil changes it more than covers the 192.00 you are paying for the services. If it makes you feel better think about it this way, "I took my brand new mint condition CBR in for basic services which was going to cost me 192.00 dollars, and now I'm getting back a brand new **MINT CONDITION** CBR with a Yoshi slip on still for the same 192.00, and oh yeah I don't have to pay for my next two oil services." Even paying the original service fee you are still walking away ahead. By the way you should of showed some sympathy for the guy who had a 400 pound chunk of metal fall on top of him, it may have made the owner more willing to give you a little better compensation.

Old 03-11-2007, 01:03 PM

I wouldn't pay for it, they have inconvenienced you now because you have to wait for your bike to be repaired..why didn't they pick the bike up before you go there I don't understand that part either, and in my opinion once a new bike has parts start getting repleced cosmetic or not things just don't ever seem to line up perfectly anymore....tell him you will pay for the service if he gets you a loaner bike

Old 03-11-2007, 01:31 PM

Dude, you owe them the $192, if they did the services. Them being idiots and allowing your bike to fall off the stand is a separate issue. At a minimum they need to bring that bike back up to as good as it was, THEN, if they want to keep a customer, do something to make up for the mistake and inconvenience. It sounds to me that the Yosh and the free oil changes are an attempt to do that.

The bottom line is that they did the services (or are going to), and you owe them. Mistakes are made, and yes this is a big one. But just because they made a mistake doesn't mean that you get a free ride, plus some new goodies.

Old 03-11-2007, 01:45 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do you really want the factory pipe replaced? The yoshi sounds like a better deal to me (even though it cost's less). You should pay for the service and walk away with what you had, and then some.

Look at it this way, if that yoshi exhaust had the word HONDA on it rather than YOSHIMURA, it would cost more than the stock exhaust.

my2cents

Old 03-11-2007, 03:36 PM

Ok, I've been thinking about it more and yea you should pay for the service, but I think they should give you atleast a 10% discount on the service just for the
inconvenience . Then put all the new stuff back on it to get it back to how it was before, and then the free oil changes. Of course after the oil changes I probably would never take it back to that dealer but thats their loss.[/align]

Old 03-11-2007, 03:53 PM

Just got back from the shop.

First off, its not that i didnt have compassion for the mechanic who had the bike fall on him. That really sucks. . . but its his mistake to account for. Not mine! While i can hope he makes a speedy recovery and IS able to return to work and given a second chance, that dont change the fact that he busted up my bike.

Also, putting a Yoshi slip on is cheaper for the dealership then replacing it with a stock muffler. That actually works out better for them.

Just so I dont have to go through any legal b.s. im going to pay for the service but i told the guy straight up that its poor buisness ethics and ill definately be telling EVERYONE i know to steer clear of that shop because they are too incompetent to even perform a simple first service to a bike.

Old 03-11-2007, 05:13 PM

Stick it to the man!

Old 03-12-2007, 11:13 AM

Best move to make! Who knows, if you go back there for a 'free' oil change, they might drop YOUR bike on YOU.

Quick Reply: So, my bike got damaged today. .