F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

so i thinking about geting rid of my f4i and geting a rr

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2007, 09:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default so i thinking about geting rid of my f4i and geting a rr

well my freind has been looking for a bike and fell in love with my f4i i dont know wby but he wants it worse then bad. he been talking me into looking into geting a 07 rr1000 i dont want more then 600 cc so im looking at a 600 rr but the guy at the dealer was a dick so im going to another dealer tomarrow the one i usually deal with he is a little more expensive but i like the guy.

any way what do you guys think im sorta having a hard time deciding if i want to go to an 600rr i mean i worried i wont feel comfterble when riding it. i really like the seating position on the f4i. pluse i dont want my payments to be more then they are not that it would be a problem.

my freind offered me 4100 for my bike i also think this is a fair deal on both are ends.

what should i look at when looking at the rr and what would u guys do

Old 05-29-2007, 09:11 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: so i thinking about geting rid of my f4i and geting a rr

Go for the RR! The '07 models are supposed to feel really nice to ride. Sport Rider recently did a camparison with ALL the '07 monsters and the RR came out on top for all the categories. This years RR might be the next F4i. for comfort, performance and drivability. Of course, this is in an age where all bikes are rated as "race ready". The '07 is currently in my dreams. Go for it!

Old 05-29-2007, 10:43 PM

Doesn't sound like you're in the market for a bike- just that your friend is trying to buy yours and bugging you constantly about it.

You like the F4i seating position.
Depreciation is a b itch...why not buy a low mile used RR?
You really weren't in the market for a new bike.

So why buy a bike that you're going to not feel comfortable riding- or dropping.
And throw in nice bike payment - with depreciation and LOSE money?

If your bike is paid for- you like the insurance rates- you like that you can drop it and it won't be that bad, you like the seating position, the difference in power isn't that great or something you're really concerned about....tell your friend to find a used F4i and STOP BUGGING YOU.

Old 05-29-2007, 11:00 PM

Yeah I'd stay with the f4i, like areacode said, lower payments/insurance, wont worry about dropping it, etc...and an f4i isnt exactly anything to shake a stick at, as you are well aware, so I would just stay with what youve got!

Old 05-29-2007, 11:04 PM

I'd take an '07 RR. They feel sweet...so light and the seating position isn't all that different from an F4i....much better than years past. They look awesome too.

Yeah, you're gonna take it in the shorts with depreciation, but who cares? There's nothing like being the very first one on that sweet new ride.

Old 05-29-2007, 11:47 PM
Retired Moderator

Have you sat on the new RR yet? If it were me, I'd seriously consider it. Everything I've read about it makes me dribble a little pc into my underwear. And yes, the ergos were changed to make it a more comfy ride. Good luck on your decision.

Old 05-29-2007, 11:55 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think the '06 RR is comfortable, but I also cycle and mountain bike so anything feels like a recliner to me. Seriously, the RR is a nice bike but so is the F4i. Payments aren't always nice.

Old 05-30-2007, 12:08 AM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

sometimes you dont really think about selling your bike untill someone asks you too. the day after i got my 929rr i was @ a bike night and a kid on a f3 asked if i would sell it (he only had 3k so i told him no thanks) ! haha but i got rid of my 900RR not because of need but for want. i wanted a 600rr or f4i and found my gorgeous 929 instead.

if it were me id do the deal. payments suck but its worth it to have a awsome bike. id rather make bike payments then a car payment. so go check out some new 600's and enjoy . if all else fails keep your f4i and be happy but never be closed minded about selling something if the price is right

Old 05-30-2007, 12:21 AM

The 07 RR is nice, I sat at one at the dealership and it felt pretty good. However, you shouldn't buy a new bike because your friends wants to buy yours. If YOU actually want an 07 RR, go ahead and buy one. I'd love to hae an 07 RR but there is no way I would make payments on one. I guess that just me. I also think that your friend is kind of low balling you on your bike. I don't know what year it is and milage, but the 01/02 F4is I'e been looking on Craig's List have all be north of $4700. I've seen one F4i track bike for $4100. This is the begninng of the season and prices for bikes are high. I know he is your friend, but I don't think you should be losing money on the bike espeically since you will end up buying a new bike you will need money for.

Old 05-30-2007, 12:51 AM

well im not buying an rr becuase someone wants me to i been wanting a new bike and there just isnt any thing out there that has really cuaght my eye i havent really considered the 07 rr becucuase ihave heard people talk about the 06s and how aggressive they were and i dont really want that. and if i get rid of the f4i it has to be for something new why get rid of a used bike to get another used bike? i wish they continued the f series and made an f5 but that didnt happen.

im going to the dealer tomarrow to look at an 600rr i told him if i sat on it and i liked it chances are ill get it. the payments dont bother me and i dont see the new payements really effecting me i dont see them going up to much as im going to drop around 5500 for a down payment pluse i just got a 1.72 an hour raise so.

what im worried about is am i going to like this as much as i like my f4i, intermes of position and ride and stuff. i dont push my f4i that hard i just enjoy it and i want my next bike to be a good handler but it doesnt have to be insane.

i have put over 7000 miles on my f4i and enjoyed every mile i want my next bike to be the same way.

are there any known issues with the 07 rr like cctl or any thing like that

its an 01 and it has just shy of 13000 on it now. it was in an accident but i every thing has been replaced and the bike is like new. i postedit up for 4700 obo on here and i didnt even get one hit or offer.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2297498/3

the local dealer has them listed for 7999 as well whats the usuall out the door price

Quick Reply: so i thinking about geting rid of my f4i and geting a rr