CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   So I got my new fairings on, couple of pics (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/so-i-got-my-new-fairings-couple-pics-104197/)

m3ds 12-20-2009 11:20 PM

So I got my new fairings on, couple of pics

3 Attachment(s)
Well when I bought the bike, the fairings were pretty tore up...

Before:
Attachment 59110

And I ordered some new fairings from Auctmarts after some good reviews here... am really happy with them! I had to have the tank / undertail painted, but it's finally pieced together. Lemme know what you think

After:
Attachment 59111
Attachment 59112

Sorry I only took a couple pics, we still gotta piece some more stuff together (flushmount blinkers, windscreen, etc) before it's rideable. Unfortunately my friend was having construction in his basement where it's being held and one of the workers put a huge gash in the front :icon_doh:

silverstonef4i 12-20-2009 11:28 PM

looks great! sucks they already have a gash on them but what can you do... how did they fit? ive heard mixed reviews on the fitment

m3ds 12-20-2009 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by silverstonef4i (Post 867419)
looks great! sucks they already have a gash on them but what can you do... how did they fit? ive heard mixed reviews on the fitment

They fit pretty well. Had to kinda...force them in a couple places, but nothing too bad. The only complaint [major] is the part of the front fairing over the front tire (excuse my ignorance to what it's called) is crooked as hell, it's not straight ... kinda weird. idk how I'm going to fix that one, yet. lol

barryf1fan 12-21-2009 07:45 AM

Man what a difference, that thing is stunning and be it looks fantastic in the sunlight. I like the yellow but the black with red flames looks sweet. get yourself some red brake lines (I spy yeller) and you're set. :icon_bike:

If you don't mind me asking, what did the paint job set you back? I'm gonna have to get mine painted when it's back together.

Jmclmorrow 12-21-2009 07:47 AM

looks good! are you gonna put your frame sliders back on?

NYKnick1015 12-21-2009 11:24 AM

a yellow F4i... i always wanted one that color

2H company 12-21-2009 11:58 AM

Looks good. Are those HK fairings? How was the fitting?

__Z__ 12-21-2009 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by 2H company (Post 867508)

"And I ordered some new fairings from Auctmarts after some good reviews here"

Jmclmorrow 12-21-2009 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by 2H company (Post 867508)

Originally Posted by m3ds (Post 867427)
They fit pretty well. Had to kinda...force them in a couple places, but nothing too bad. The only complaint [major] is the part of the front fairing over the front tire (excuse my ignorance to what it's called) is crooked as hell, it's not straight ... kinda weird. idk how I'm going to fix that one, yet. lol

here ya go :)

2H company 12-21-2009 12:47 PM

I should l2read I guess... well, great! I want to get unpainted kit in some time. Or hell, just fix mine lol, need a lot of time to do all prep work though.