CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   So a car turns left in front of me! (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/so-car-turns-left-front-me-94162/)

f4i_hawk 05-24-2009 08:13 PM

So a car turns left in front of me!

4 Attachment(s)
Talk about a bad holiday weekend. Headed out to meet a buddy when in 1st gear doing about 20 some jerk rolls a stop sign behind a truck ... needless to say i did all i could to avoid a wreck but nope broken bike :( all i got is a little road rash reminder.

Aken 05-24-2009 09:02 PM

Lame. Insurance?

f4i_hawk 05-24-2009 09:08 PM

I had liability only ... but my insurance said to file a claim with his company to get the bike fixed. I wont hear anything until wed. so bummed!

Tyler947 05-24-2009 09:41 PM

That sucks, it has happened to me several times (no crash though) so I am always looking for it now; and it is one of the reasons I ride everywhere during the day with my high beams on.

and if I see someone slowing to make a left turn I weave side to side a bit so they see me coming and that has stopped a driver mid-turn because he saw me just in time.

Best of luck with the repairs and compensation.

f3BikeR 05-24-2009 09:49 PM

I've been down a few times and know the feeling. Glad you're okay!

I have liability too, but have never been involved in a contact-crash with another vehicle, so what happens if someone hits me?

mbaker 05-24-2009 11:02 PM

ohhh man im sorry that is never good.

mike

Pilot16 05-25-2009 12:50 AM

Originally Posted by f3BikeR (Post 788807)

I have liability too, but have never been involved in a contact-crash with another vehicle, so what happens if someone hits me?

Your liability covers damage on someone elses car, if someone hits you and they have insurance there insurance covers all charges, such as medical and bike damage. Unless they have really ****ty insurance then you sue there asses.

Pilot16 05-25-2009 12:51 AM

oh and glad you're ok!

Elfling 05-25-2009 06:09 AM

*seriously* glad you're ok- that's one of the biggest stupid things I see cars doing down here. So sorry about your baby :( Hope getting his insurance to cover it isn't too much of a hassle.

KillaBeave 05-25-2009 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by f3BikeR (Post 788807)

Also depends on what your local/state laws are. In MI, it's a "No Fault" state, meaning that it doesn't matter who's at fault in the wreck, your insurance is the one that pays. Only thing you can hope to get from the at fault driver is your deductible back. Sucks, but without full coverage here you're on your own.