CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   Slid my bike on a curb. :/ (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/slid-my-bike-curb-95174/)

Zero1080 06-09-2009 10:19 PM

Slid my bike on a curb. :/

Long story short, went around a turn at about 25, my balding rear tire slid out, I stood the bike up to try and stop, lost control, and drove into a curb. The bike slid about 60 feet on the fairing. The structure and frame is fine, but it's gonna cost. 500 bucks.:icon_doh: It's going to come painted with the stickers already on it. I was quoted 380 to repaint and resticker. What do you guys think is the best way to go? Or any other suggestions?

No pictures, my computer fails at uploads. :/

RojerLockless 06-09-2009 10:47 PM

i'd fix it OEM imo it's the way to go

Elfling 06-09-2009 10:50 PM

Damn, you ok?

ford_loomis 06-09-2009 10:50 PM

if its just one fairing i would get a new one because i always thought it looked funny myself when some of the plastics are stock and some are painted aftermarket, just my opinion though

Uniqsol 06-09-2009 11:15 PM

For an extra $120 I would just get a new one. then you KNOW it will look perfectly stock. there's my .02

Zero1080 06-09-2009 11:53 PM

Appreciate the input. I'm ok. I was leaving my girlfriends house, and the bike was running cold. I hit the curb going maybe 20 so as far as I remember just kinda got tossed off. Thank god we have grass easements in our city, so I landed elbow first with my jacket onto that. It'll make me appreciate with a new perspective, how even the simplest things, like a left hand turn, could have serious consequences.

markCBR 06-10-2009 02:41 AM

Did you have sliders?

Elfling 06-10-2009 06:34 AM

Originally Posted by Zero1080 (Post 795674)
Appreciate the input. I'm ok. I was leaving my girlfriends house, and the bike was running cold. I hit the curb going maybe 20 so as far as I remember just kinda got tossed off. Thank god we have grass easements in our city, so I landed elbow first with my jacket onto that. It'll make me appreciate with a new perspective, how even the simplest things, like a left hand turn, could have serious consequences.

Yep- I am sooo with you. Just broke my leg on a low-speed left turn, hah. Really made me grateful I was already convinced of the need for gear, could've been a lot worse.

knonfs 06-10-2009 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by Zero1080 (Post 795611)
Long story short, went around a turn at about 25, my balding rear tire slid out, I stood the bike up to try and stop, lost control, and drove into a curb. The bike slid about 60 feet on the fairing. The structure and frame is fine, but it's gonna cost. 500 bucks.:icon_doh: It's going to come painted with the stickers already on it. I was quoted 380 to repaint and resticker. What do you guys think is the best way to go? Or any other suggestions?

No pictures, my computer fails at uploads. :/

Glad to hear that you are ok!

I would fix it, but only cause I am broke :(

BTW - I purchased the replicals, and the red DOES not match the factory red color :icon_doh:

Zero1080 06-10-2009 05:28 PM

Yeah ^. I looked into replicals a while back for other stuff, and they sent me samples, I sent them pictures back, saying, hey, you sent me this, and this is more accurate, and never heard from em. And mark, no sliders. So that will be the next purchase after I get this fairing fixed.