CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   sintered brake pads? (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/sintered-brake-pads-105430/)

vangill 01-31-2010 02:06 AM

sintered brake pads?

from what ive read sintered brake pads help stop better but can wear down your rotors faster, but then i read the opposite. sometimes the internet is annoying. i just wanted to ask you guys the truth before i ordered some

Turbulenz 01-31-2010 10:19 AM

I am wondering the same thing... I was looking at EBC HH sintered pads for my CBR... they were the recommended pad for my last bike (Ninja 250)

I want something that somehow is a balance between dust, performance and rotor wear.

Adam

backroad 01-31-2010 11:32 AM

Even the stock brake pads are sintered metallic pads. The difference in types of metallic pads is what type of sintered metal that is used. Sintered iron, sintered bronze, sintered steel, sintered copper, mixtures of different metals, how much sintered metal is in the pad, etc, etc, etc. All metallic pads wear the rotors, but some are more aggressive than others, and of course, the more aggressive ones will wear the rotors quicker. Save some money and stick with the OEM type pads. Unless you're racing and looking for every last bit of stopping power that you can get, you don't need the more aggressive pads.

PlayfulGod 01-31-2010 12:49 PM

I've always used EBC HH pads and never had an issue with my rotors, and my bike has 56k+ on it.

randyjoy 01-31-2010 04:47 PM

For the street bike, I stay with the Honda OEM pads. They're just as good as anything you can get for for normal street use and the price is fine. If you want real track stopping power, I use Vesrah RJL. I'm not a big fan of the EBC HH pads, they tended to fade after heavy usage.

Turbulenz 01-31-2010 05:30 PM

I know where to get teh EBC HH pads.. where can I get the OEM Honda pads online? How much cheaper are they? You said the price was right.. Im curious..

randyjoy 01-31-2010 05:43 PM

I bought them from my Honda dealer for $55 for the pair (2 sets, total 4 pads for the front). Never bought them on-line. The EBC's ran around $10 more for a set, Vesrah around $90 for a set.

backroad 01-31-2010 05:53 PM

Just check on ebay. USA-Motorcycles has complete front/rear sets of OEM type pads for $39.99 shipped. They aren't Honda pads, but are OEM style and material. I've had great luck with them. Clicky

randyjoy 01-31-2010 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by backroad (Post 879062)
Just check on ebay. USA-Motorcycles has complete front/rear sets of OEM type pads for $39.99 shipped. They aren't Honda pads, but are OEM style and material. I've had great luck with them. Clicky

That's a great price. Reviews look good. How long do they last for you?