F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Show me your bagged out CBRs

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2007, 09:47 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Show me your bagged out CBRs

I despise having a bike with no cargo capacity, so before I drop too much cash on SW-Motech racks and givi cases (ya know... because I'd *prefer* hard bags), show me some pictures of what ya'll have done for bags, soft or hard.

Thanks.

Old 06-15-2007, 10:26 AM
Registered Users
Default RE: Show me your bagged out CBRs

I would also like to see the same.
I've been finding that my 02 f4i will not take the givi top rack due to it not being the European model that has holes for the passenger grab handle.
could someone with a 2002 European model F4i with grab handle take a couple pictures of the tail section with the seat on and off so I can see where the grab handle would bolt in?
dueto the sites saying I would need to replace my rear cowl I'm guessing the holes and threads the bolts would screwinto are there still but would need to drill the plastic.
thanks.

Old 06-15-2007, 12:29 PM

Here are my Cortech Sport bags

Old 06-15-2007, 12:38 PM

yo Rod those bags are pretty sweet.. bet you can pack a weeks worth of clothes in those.. im jealous

Old 06-15-2007, 12:43 PM

do the scuff the a paint at all? How do they mount. I have an undertail so I don't know if I can still mount them properly.

Old 06-15-2007, 03:26 PM

I too might be looking into something like this as I am planning a trip from San Diego to Page, AZ to visit the antelope canyons.

Where did you buy those and how much?

Old 06-15-2007, 06:47 PM
Retired Moderator

ORIGINAL: Draconius

I too might be looking into something like this as I am planning a trip from San Diego to Page, AZ to visit the antelope canyons.

Where did you buy those and how much?
I just researched and bought a tank bag from Nelson-Rigg. The best price I found was through Motosport. They also carry the Cortech saddle bags.

Motosport

Old 06-15-2007, 07:19 PM

The Cortech Sport bags have a really versatile mounting system, I use these bags on both my F4i and my 1000RR, the only mounting point in common between the two bikes is I use the passenger peg mount as the front tie downs. They are extremely secure, on the F4i they have been to 130+. I use some of the tank slapper material and put down on the rear fairing to help protect the paint. It is completely padded with a neoprene material to protect the finish, but I am pretty particular. I'm sure if you had a black bike and did not use the Tank Slapper material, scuffs would eventually show. The Tail Bag attaches to the saddle bags, so if you mount the saddles, the tail bag is no issue. The Tail Bag can also be mounted by itself, but I have never done it, I have used the saddles by themselves.

Weeks worth of clothes? No, not quite. The tail bag will expand two inches on each side. I can take 3 changes of clothes, plus other necessities and generally not have to expand the tail bag. I also most generally use a helmet net on top of the tail bag to hold my jacket liner when the day warms up. If I had to have two sets, I'd definetly buy another set of Cortech Sport bags. Easy on and off as an assembly as well.

Old 03-27-2008, 12:55 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, I know.. old post and a bit of a necro... But always handy.

Name:  HPIM0389.jpg
Views: 32
Size:  113.3 KB
Name:  HPIM0401.jpg
Views: 28
Size:  95.4 KB
Name:  HPIM0429.jpg
Views: 30
Size:  74.7 KB

I can also use a bungee net to attach a backpack above the tail. I did not do it this time though..

Old 03-27-2008, 01:45 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://gallery.atpic.com/13812

Same bags as Rod... I love them. They have neoprene under the bags so they won't scuff (unless you leave sand on your tail !?!)

I'll be getting the cortech tank bag shortly... something in the 10-15 litre range.