F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

should I buy it?

Old 09-14-2013, 02:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default should I buy it?

so I'm in the market for a motorcycle to get me to school, cause university parking is terrible, and obviously u want an f4i, cause I've had a couple of f4i in the past, and I found a local listing of one a 2001 cbr 600f4i for 1200, with a rebuild title, the guy is the second owner, and it now has aftermarket fairings on it, the guy said the previous owner had the re built title because of getting water in the battery, and laying it down a few times, and speeding impound... I rode the bike, it feels good andall, it just doesn't look too good with the paint jobthat he put on the eBay fairings, but it also didn't start right away, took a while to charge and crank it in, when it had been started the week earlier. good deal?I talked him down already from 2000, any help would be great :-)

Old 09-14-2013, 06:41 PM
Retired Super Moderator - At large E=MC2
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I would keep looking. Story from the PO sounds bogus.
Probably bought it as a project on CL and is in over his head.
Now, he's trying to get out from under it.

It sounds like a money sink and probably unreliable.
Every student I know is always broke and has an inflexible schedule.
So the last thing you need is transportation that costs more to feed than you do.

Here's a good used buyer primer to help with the search.
Used Motorcycle Evaluation Guide

Hope this helps, Ern

Old 09-14-2013, 07:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah I think its kinda a toss up, if in the near future I was looking to sell the bike to upgrade or something, how much would the bike value have depreciated from the original? Because in the past I've sold an F4i 2001 for 3600, what damage would be done comparing a Clean title to a Rebuilt Title in regard to money difference?

Search this Thread