CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   shorty exhaust (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/shorty-exhaust-124327/)

mark1785 04-22-2011 08:59 PM

shorty exhaust

has anyone ever used this or have something like this? i like the look of it but i dont know how loud it will be or if it will even sound good.

Honda Parts

F34Me? 04-22-2011 09:32 PM

It is FARKIN LOUD! Sound dope, looks totally legit, but you will get pulled over and probably ticketed. Harleys can drive around with cannons that shatter your windows but any sport bike rider with a loud exhaust will be harassed... I don't get it but I can't change it!

Honda125 358 04-22-2011 10:19 PM

There have been a bunch of threads on this....I've skimmed over them but some say since theres no backpressure you will burn your valves, others say thats a lie, and the two groups argue and that's the rest of the thread.

Facts: It will be cool for 10 minutes
Your neighbors will hate you
Society will hate bikes more
You'll get a headache when you ride more than 20 minutes

Honestly, use the $60 that it costs off of ebay and put that towards a used micron or something with a nice tone

backyardmechanic 04-22-2011 11:28 PM

the valve thing is in the air but you will hate it unless you have no eardrums. it sounds awesome but its only cool for a bit like Honda125 said. you will also have less low end power with the lack of back pressure. I know some people who have had it on their bikes for years and they still run so who knows

mark1785 04-22-2011 11:31 PM

I thought that it was going to be super loud, I just wanted to see what everyone thought about it. I think I'm going to cut my exhaust down for a better look and a little more sound

Slick 6 04-24-2011 05:50 PM

...why pay 60bucks for that?

Just remove the exhaust you have now, cut the link pipe to desired size, paint it as you will and BAM!

I just saved you 60$

xricer 04-24-2011 06:00 PM

Or just pull the muffler off your header and see how it sounds, it can't be too different from an open header? Looks like any exhaust shop could do it for 20 bucks.

Slick 6 04-24-2011 06:08 PM

I gotta be honest, I do love the sound of this engines without an exhaust but after 5minutes it's just plain annoying and painfull.
I already have tinnitus and always wear my ear protectors, if Í rocked that "exhaust" I would be bleeding in no time.

ssweetbro 04-24-2011 07:17 PM

Please, for all the rest of our sakes, dont get that. There is nothing worse then "that guy" with no exhaust. Cause that is all it is, just a chrome tube. Usually, it is just tools on Gixxers and R6s, but any bike with no exhaust is terrible. It makes everyone elses ears bleed and pisses off none rides. There is no upside, besides the looks.