F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Shoei damaged in shipping?

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2007, 02:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shoei damaged in shipping?

Well finally broke down and ordered a new Shoei. It came yesterday but the only problem is that both the shipping box and Shoei box are beat to hell. Looks like UPS had to retape the box and looks like they dropped a bowling ball on top because both boxes are mushed down. Even the bottom of the inside Shoei box caved in under the pressure. I don't see any visible damage to the helmet but who the heck knows what it went through. My concern is that there is already internal damage from the impact in shipping. I called the company I ordered it from and they started a UPS claim but they said it'd be a tough sell to UPS. What do you guys think about it? I guess I'm just mad because I dropped $400 on it and feel like I'm getting short changed.

Old 03-30-2007, 02:25 PM
Default RE: Shoei damaged in shipping?

you got lucky. send that **** back, get your money, an get an Arai

Old 03-30-2007, 02:56 PM

you should call UPS yourself. explain to them about the whole helment/impact thing. tell them to come take your helment and cut you a check.

one time i shipped a fender through ups and when it got to the person it was all banged up so he refused it. it came back to me but instead of coming to my place it went to a car dealership 2 blocks away (i guess they didnt bother to read the address). so the dealership called me and told me so i called fedex and the next day it was at my place. i call to make a claim and they picked it back up and i had my money within 2 days.

i dont know about ups though

Old 03-30-2007, 02:59 PM

helmets are supposedly useless from a 4 foot drop...they only work once...try everything to get a new one

Old 03-30-2007, 03:06 PM

FED EX killed my undertail and delivered the box to me flat. It looked like they drove the truck over the box. I had a quick claim process and got another undertail 2 days later cause the seller felt bad for me.

Old 03-30-2007, 03:08 PM

ahhhh bro, not good. You have to find out if that company insured the lid.. If they did not then you have an issue. As far as I recall, UPS insures you package for 100 bucks when you purchase standard shipping on a one pound item. After every pound you get 25-50(dont know new price) bucks additional insurace that is covered by your standard order. However, without purchase of insurance they will give you at most 100.
Had an issue like this a few years ago and of course it did not work out in my favor. UPS is rarely the blame for damaged products. From my experience its usually the shipper's fault.
example;
The shipper could have sent you an open box special that arrived to them messed up or a previously used/returned helment. +etc

Old 03-30-2007, 03:11 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: formulafire99

FED EX killed my undertail and delivered the box to me flat. It looked like they drove the truck over the box. I had a quick claim process and got another undertail 2 days later cause the seller felt bad for me.
i'm sorry about this but...HAHHAHAHAHHAH that is soooo funny! hahahhhahahahah....

Old 03-30-2007, 04:14 PM

ORIGINAL: Tahoe SC

ORIGINAL: formulafire99

i'm sorry about this but...HAHHAHAHAHHAH that is soooo funny! hahahhhahahahah....

yea i gotta admit... i can see a fex ex person coming to your door with a paper thin package and your like... WTF IS THIS?!?!?!

Yea i would call fex ex... if its a hard impact on that thing it could be toast! can make a difference between you walking away from a wreck or being carried away

Old 04-02-2007, 12:30 PM

I asked the driver what happened to the box and he said he didn't know. I noticed it had 2 fragile stickers on the box too. I got it all straightened out though. I guess I got lucky that time.