CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   Share Other's Reactions to Your F4I (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/share-others-reactions-your-f4i-128946/)

DevilInDisguise 07-29-2011 11:37 PM

Share Other's Reactions to Your F4I

Hey guys. I am very interested on what other F4I owners will have to share. So how do other riders/ co workers/ neighbors/ people etc tell about your bike.

My neighbor - I noticed you have a different bike (Used to have a 600RR). I like this one (F4I) It is just such a beautiful bike.

Friends - This bike looks okay I like your other bike (600RR) so much better though

Sister - They both look alike.

Some hispanic guy on a bandit 1200 - How many CCs does your bike have? Me : 600ccs. Bandit guy : OOOOHHHHH That is so small and little engine, mine is 1200 and pop wheelies at 180 MPH. My bike so much faster and better, me like superman in freeway. I went over speedometer at 200. Me : Okkkkk man...well ride safe.

Old lady in grocery parking lot : You know, you have a very interesting looking bike (big smile in her face) Me : Thank you, ill take that as a compliment. Both of us laugh while I walk away.

In general most of the compliments I get are positive. I admit though a lot of people liked my 600RR better and it was the center of attention everywhere I went (It had Movistar plastics and Orange rims). But I love my F4I! So feel free to share!

Kuroshio 07-30-2011 12:23 AM

Most people like my 06. The office squid thinks his GSXr is better but can't argue mine is cleaner (having not gone down 5 times). Women think she's "pretty".

I did have a guy stop and stare at her for about 5 minutes a couple weeks back. Had her parked on the street in front of the car and was having a beer on my step. He was walking down the sidewalk and just... stopped. Then he started walking around her, looking at her from every angle. Started to freak me out a bit. He never made a move to touch her. And I'm pretty sure he didn't know I was the owner (wasn't wearing gear and she was parked 1 house away from my apartment).

R Dub 07-30-2011 12:34 AM

My F4i was a great bike and a good looking bike no doubt. But my RR I think is F***ing sexy and is a MUCH better bike than the F4i. I know there are a lot of people that will back me up here *cough nate cough* and this is no dis to the F4i as I did love it a lot.

Kevwa451 07-30-2011 08:19 AM

Even though mines not real pretty and the fairings are scuffed and scratched and cracked here and there every person that's seen it has said it's awesome regardless of that. Not a single one has asked about any of it they just said goddamn I'm so jealous. Even my friend with his '07 600RR would say something if I was leading on a ride. Something like you know I used to think the tail on you're bike looked way too big but seeing it in action I just think it looks badass now. The F4i just seems to make people like it. I think maybe since I've got the red and white one that helps. Seems to draw a lot of attention.

okstatef4i 07-30-2011 10:00 AM

When I bought the bike it had been repained gloss black, so most people ask me what kind of bike it is. Then followed by 'cbr 600? is it an rr?' Okies... I like the front of the f4i more than I do the RRs. T o me the RR front ends look like a bug (mantis?) but the back end of them is a ton better looking than an f4i.

Aken 07-30-2011 03:00 PM

I've gotten all your typical reactions from little kids thinking it's the coolest thing ever, to girls falling over me just because I'm sitting on it, to GSXR squids asking if I want to race, to my fast car friends asking when I'm gonna come out and play (lol).

gint 07-30-2011 04:07 PM

Well I got brake checked from an Air Force D bag leaving a stop light the other day he was texting at the light it turned green he sat there I honked he started slow as **** and right as i shifted to second he slammed his brakes so I passed him and took off his passenger mirror. It is amazing how easy they come off of a new shiny Impala SS.

Does that count?

If not, I was on the bike with my girlfriend and a suv with a little kid prolly 4 or 5 years old in the back rolled up net to me at a light. I looked over and he was waving i waved back and gave him a rev he loved it so i gave him a rev limiter rev. You would have thought it was the fourth of July the kid was going nuts lol.

Colossus 07-30-2011 05:45 PM

I had my old bike (1991 Suzuki GSX600F) for 10 years. In that 10 years maybe 3 people have came up to me to talk about my bike.

I haven't even owned my new bike (Blue/Black 2006 Honda CBR600F4i) for one day yet. I went for a one mile ride with 2 stops. One to transfer the title & register it, and the other to fill up the gas tank. In that short trip I had 3 different people come up to me and tell me how great my bike looked.

That's pretty awesome.

Kevwa451 07-30-2011 07:33 PM

Had a girl just about break her neck trying to see it while I was getting ice cream tonight. Put a bit of a smile on my face.

Ls1Tuner_06 07-31-2011 05:07 PM

I know I can't vouch for an F4i bc I do not own one but I love these stories. Honestly I was dead set on an F4i. I agree with all of you that they really are fantastic looking bikes and just seem to draw looks to them! I still wouldn't mind owning one with the 600RR I have. That red and white is my favorite