F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

selling my f4i

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2009, 09:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

in my eyes your bike might sell between 4 and 4500, especially if you want a quick sale the key is price
i have the same color as yours. i don't want to burst your bubble on it, but i got mine new for $6700.

when anyone looks to purchase a bike they'll point out the negatives on it and basically use them to negotiate the price down
also your potential buyers will look at craigslist and cycletrader.com for their area and compare your price to other bikes, i say do the same and compare your price to everything similar you see
also it might pay dividends to go ahead and replace the tires on it

i'm not saying this to be a jackass, i just don't want you to wonder why your bike isn't selling
also, if you have to get a lot out of it don't be alarmed if it takes a while to sell

Old 03-14-2009, 12:45 AM

I was just surfing around on ebay a few minutes ago and happened to come across your bike. It looks exactly like mine did when I bought it, minus the two bros and flush mounts. Mine had 900 miles on it, and had also been dropped in the driveway, so it had a light scuff on the left fairing. Other than that it was basically brand new. I got a really good price on it at $5,600 off of ebay. Especially with only 900 miles on it. Personally, I think your price is fair, but you're probably not going to get that much for it on ebay. Too many other bikes to compete with. You'd probably be better off trying to sell it locally for that price. It's hard to get the true value of a vehicle on ebay when the buyer can't actually come take a look at it in person and inspect it. If I were you, I would take off the two brothers exhaust, (if you still have the stock pipe ) and put the stock pipe back on it, and ask around 5,500 for the bike, and then sell the two brothers in another auction. Personally, when I shop for any type of vehicle, I look for something that is completely STOCK. As a buyer, I see a vehicle with performance upgrades, and my first thought is, "it's probably been rode hard and abused".
Just my opinion though. Either way, good luck selling the bike, and congrats on the baby.

Old 03-14-2009, 11:35 AM

thanks for the tips guys!!