F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Seat/subframe questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2017, 06:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seat/subframe questions

So I've been planning on doing the split-seat conversion on my 2000 f4, by as time has gone on, I've been seeing more and more folks who have done an RR tail conversion, and now I think I want to do that instead. I stumbled across this thread (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-600f4...il-swap-36572/) in which the owner did an RR tail on an f4 but kept the original banana seat subframe. I haven't seen anyone else do this. Usually the RR tails are done on the split-seat subframe.

What I'm mainly wondering is how does the rider seat fasten down on a split-seat subframe (perhaps someone could even snap a photo for me)? I'm basically trying to figure out how this guy made it work on the banana seat subframe. I had never thought of this as a viable option before, but it would save lot of work and money not having to switch to a split-seat subframe, and do all the modifying that is needed with that. I realize there probably wouldn't be as much stability for the passenger seat, but I'm fine with that, as I don't plan on putting any passengers on this bike (instead I might even make a custom compartment with a flip-up cowl).

Thanks guys.