F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Scorpion Street Extreme Slip-On Exhaust - Need Help With Install

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2009, 06:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Scorpion Street Extreme Slip-On Exhaust - Need Help With Install

I just recently bought a 2006 4fi ... and it's my first bike.

I decided my first mod would be to upgrade the exhaust with a slip-on. I read some reviews, and finally decided on the scorpion street extreme slip-on.

I went to install it a few hours ago at my garage, but no dice. Instead, I've come back with some questions, that I am hoping someone on here can help me with.

- I noticed that my bike actually has an O2 sensor, right near the exhaust manifold bolts. When I was doing the install, I had no idea what these wires were, so I left them alone, and decided to do some research. Now that I know what it is, I'm trying to figure out if the scorpion slip-on actually accomodates the O2 sensor. It has a hole with a bolt in it which MIGHT be for the O2 sensor, but I'm not sure. On the scorpion item checklist diagram, the bolt which plugs this hole is called a "blanking plug". Does anyone know if this is where I would insert the O2 sensor?

- I see where all the straps go, but I can't figure out where the "Bump Stop Kit" bolts to my bike. This bump stop kit is near the end of the pipe that bolts to the exhaust manifold.

Has anyone installed this slip-on on a 2006 4fi, and can offer some advice? Or, perhaps you can send a pic of your exhaust, showing the end of the pipe which slips on to the exhaust manifold?

I found a few threads on here regarding slip-ons, but none of them answered these questions for me.

I'm wondering if they sent me the wrong model. Ugh.

Thanks very much for any help!

Dan

Old 06-18-2009, 07:28 PM

OOooops. Probably should have posted this in the 600 mods section.

Perhaps the moderator can move it?

Sorry about that.

Old 06-19-2009, 05:19 PM

You might have to call them on this one. Scorpion or a distributor would have installation instructions. Too bad nobody from the forum was able to help.

I don't mind these questions in this section. I don't think there should be a 600 mods section. A lot of these question are posted here anyway.

Old 06-19-2009, 06:42 PM

ok, thanks.

I actually made some progress today, and I'm going to post some pics in the 600 mods section, because I actually got a response there.

I got the stock exhaust off, and installed the new scorpion exhaust, with the O2 sensor, BUT the main strap, which goes around the new can is too big. I have it attached to the passenger foot peg, but it doesn't fit snugly around the can at all.

Old 06-19-2009, 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by djmnyc
ok, thanks.

I actually made some progress today, and I'm going to post some pics in the 600 mods section, because I actually got a response there.

I got the stock exhaust off, and installed the new scorpion exhaust, with the O2 sensor, BUT the main strap, which goes around the new can is too big. I have it attached to the passenger foot peg, but it doesn't fit snugly around the can at all.
Did you put both ends of the new strap on the outside of the footpeg bolt hole? If you put one end on the inside and one on the outside of the footpeg bolt hole then it might be too big like you are describing. My strap needed to have both ends on the outside.

Old 06-19-2009, 07:52 PM

Yeah ... both ends of the strap are on the outside of the footpeg bolt hole. Check out the pics I posted in the 600 mods section. Maybe they sent me the wrong size strap. Not sure.

Old 06-19-2009, 08:42 PM

I checked your pics and you did what that guy asked. you have it like this:

l=l
( )

It should look like this:

=ll
( )

= is the foot peg hole
l is the top of the clamp
() is where the clamp goes around the can.

Squeeze the ends together then bolt it on one side.

Old 06-20-2009, 08:41 AM

oh man! I'm such an idiot! lol I just reread mike and ikes post after reading yours.

thanks guys. total brain fart on my end.