F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Running out of Ideas for mods....Need help.

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2007, 10:38 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Running out of Ideas for mods....Need help.

ur just like me man... came out of the car scene, went straight to modding bikes... mainly for looks.

go get a slip-on, triple tree cover, HID's (best mod i did so far), alarm w/ remote start (REALLY DANGEROUS... cuz u never know if a chick sits on ur bike and puts it into first by accident... remote start ur bike, boom, bike jumps forward and drops to the ground), corbin seat (comfort and looks), rim stripes, halos (I stuck with HID's only, cuz can't show off HID's and halo's at same time), put custom mesh vents on ur fairing and front air vents, remove the reflectors on the front tires and the rear tail (i honestly hate reflectors, even if they provide safety, they ruin the pictures when the chicks take em), custom paint job, new rims (or powder coat), can't think of any more.

Old 03-05-2007, 10:59 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: JZHALES

next mod: Learn to ride it

sounds like your bike is spending more time in the paint shop than on the road, spend your money on kick *** gear and get sick with it
+1 billion. Spend that money on a killer suit and track days. Grab a trailer and go for it.

Old 03-05-2007, 11:39 AM

Anyone have any pictures of the rim stripes? I dont know if i want to put anything on my wheels since they are being powdercoated. Im going to order a windshield, triple tree cover,corbin seat with red stripe, and a rear seat cowl. I justsaw the right up on the led peg signals and i think i may do that also.I dont want the remote start for the reason ddaren was saying about it starting in gear. I will probably also go with the mesh.

The part about it sitting in the paint shop more than its being ridden is completely untrue. It hasnt sat in a garage more than overnight since i got it, except for the day it snowed, until now. Even now, it will be back to me bythe weekend.

Also, I know on a lot of other forums when somebody posted up a lot of mods that were being done so quickly, there were comments such as Must be niceto havemommy and daddy to buy you everything and so on. I havent seen that on this site and it makes me like it that much more. Im 20 years old, I work six days a week 12 hours a day and pay for everything on my own. I also pay for all of my girlfriends and most of my moms bills. I feel blessed to own a house, motorcycle, fourwheeler, and a new car all without cosigners and all on my own. Sorry for the semi rant, i just dont want anyone to think i dont appreciate the money being spent on my bike.

Old 03-05-2007, 11:43 AM
Registered Users

LoJack. After you're done with all those mods, it'd be a shame for someone to come along and swipe your hard work. Best mod I ever made. Cheers!

~Steph

Old 03-05-2007, 04:30 PM

remember to also mount a samurai sword on the back kill bill style (sorry im just trying to think of the most ludicrous things to do on motorcycles recently)

Old 03-05-2007, 04:39 PM
Retired Moderator

How about a chrome stator cover?

Old 03-05-2007, 04:56 PM

ORIGINAL: c0ldf1ame

remember to also mount a samurai sword on the back kill bill style (sorry im just trying to think of the most ludicrous things to do on motorcycles recently)
or get the swords that swing out on both sides of the bike (like final fantasy: advent children)

Old 03-05-2007, 05:23 PM

you can change the mirrors or just block them off

Old 03-05-2007, 05:53 PM
Banned

How about HIDs or the headlight conversion to allow both sides to be hi/lo, there are a couple of threads on how to do these the right way.

My favorite mod is the throttle lock, here in Florida we are cursed with alot of straight rodes.

I have rimstripes and I like them. Order the precurved ones off ebay ($15), they go on easy. Maybe down the road paint them on or just replace them. They are reflective, so they offer some safety at night too.

I personally don't get the whole customizing cars and bikes, but if it improves safety, comfortor performance I am all for it. Good luck and post pics when you get done.

Old 03-05-2007, 05:54 PM

led pegs are awesome get that. also, see you can install some fog lights.

Quick Reply: Running out of Ideas for mods....Need help.