F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

RS3 slipon low-mid / pwr loss ? DYNO graphs included

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2007, 04:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RS3 slipon low-mid / pwr loss ? DYNO graphs included

Hey , I called the good folks over at Yoshimura RD. One of their reps who sounded like he knows what he's talking about said this: IF I get a slip on or the full system I will loose a bit of power in the low-mid rpm range . IS THIS POSSIBLE ? Anybody can confirm this ? I don't see why. So I called em up again and another rep, this time a girl, said what I previously thought-> low - mid , no difference, slight improvement top end.
Should I call the third time and see what they say now ? hehe I think F4i is a bit dull in the low-mid , I would continue with the stock exhaust if loosing power was the case. I must exchange the exhaust, not lose power.

There is a increased fuel consumption with the Full system I learned , (makes sense my 94 Zx6E full sys.likes the juice a lot more than I like paying for it at the pump). So anyways, I'm trying to put the RS-3 Slipon on the F4i.

Any Pros and Cons for it ?

W/ the slip,on I shouldn't see any gas usage increase , or should I ?

UPDATE: I just got an e-mail from Yoshimura RD with the Dyno graphs . The clarify the first portion of this post

Old 08-13-2007, 04:15 PM
Default RE: RS3 slipon low-mid / pwr loss ? DYNO graphs included

geeez these pix came out a whole lot bigger then I thought they would. Sorry

Old 08-13-2007, 04:26 PM

I'm assuming that the bold lines in the graphs are with the Yosh, and the thin lines are stock. As far as HP goes, it looks like you gain a little bit in the whole range. The only loss I see is a tad bit of tourque in the low end. I doubt you would even notice it.
To be honest, slip-ons don't really provide noticeable gains anyway. If you had a slip-on, a high-flow filter, and a Power Commander you would notice a difference. But with just a pipe you probably won't notice anything other than sound.

Old 08-13-2007, 04:42 PM

Yeah . I had few other very knowledgeble F4i riders here, advice me to change the sprockets , like you said add a Pwr CMD'er [ I read up on here that the gas mileage is worse with the DynoJet installed vs. without it ] Yoshi rep. also said something about adjusting the cam shaft timing. The F4i is such a great, a comfortable ride, I just want to make the most of it with all the benefits already included vs. the RR's .....

That's an afirm on the lines on the graph. Bold = Yoshi vs Stock

Old 08-13-2007, 05:30 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, the PC will guzzle some gas![:@]

Old 08-13-2007, 10:42 PM

Yeah, I mean as far as doing a single thing to try and notice a big gain, changing your exhaust for the money you're gonna put into it, isn't going to yield the results you'll want. Sprockets are cheap compared to an exhaust, and you'll definately notice a difference, plus you can always change them back or what not if you really want to.

Old 08-14-2007, 12:17 AM
Retired Moderator & The Big Deal

I guess the bigiest question is why are you useing internet explorer AND firefox? lol

Old 08-14-2007, 01:01 AM

Don't mind RojerLockless...he'll jack any thread, any time...I've seen it!! Before you know it we'll be talking about flying monkies and frappuccinos.

I really wish i could find the dyno chart that online magazine posted up. It compared stock vs. slip on vs. slip on & Yoshimura's fuel management thingie. Basically the TRS slip on gave another 2-3 avg hp, but the crazy thing was that after the tune with their very own fuel management (to get more power and better response) the power curve was pretty much identical to the slip on by itself. Made me wonder why you'd spend the $$$ if there was no problem that really needed fixing.

Old 08-14-2007, 09:46 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

who tuned it? most places tune for peak HP...ask them if they can retune for more juice down low too.
as for gas mileage, yes, full will drive it down...so keep the O2 sensor!?!?!?

as for lowend and mid loss, yes...you will get that with most f/s...and with most 600 it'll be very prominent...go -1 in the front or +2 in the rear to fix that...cause even with tuning for low/mid, you'll still lose out on some...that's just the way it goes as far as opening up the system.