F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

RIP f4i :(

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2010, 10:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RIP f4i :(

so last night was a rough night...

I get a text from my girlfriend while I am work at about 8pm, it reads "Are you aware that your mirror is on your seat of your motorcycle?" So instantly I know that it had either fallen over, or been knocked over and the person was nice enough to stand it back up and put the mirror on the seat..

I get back to my apartment and park next to my bike just like I always do, this is a pretty big open parking lot with many open spaces so I am always guaranteed to park my vehicles next to each other. As soon as I see all the damage that is done to it I throw a little cursing fit, kick my tire of my truck a few times and take a few deep breaths. At this time I see my neighbor, the guy who lives below me walk out and start walking towards me. He told me that he witnessed it happen, got the beeeatches license plate number, called the police, filled out a police report, gave a description of the lady and the car and he was the one that even stood my bike up. He also told me that his bike that he has has been hit here before too, I guess the parking lot is so big that people think that they can just back out of parking spaces without looking.

Right now I am just waiting to hear back from the police and waiting for tuesday so that I can bring my bike to get a quote on damage. Here is what will need to be replaced from what I could tell from looking at it without removing anything.

-side fairing

-front fairing

-rear fairing

-full 2 brothers exhaust

-mirror

-passenger peg

-shift lever

-clutch lever

-handlebar end

-piece that holds the clutch lever in

One of my questions is does anyone know how much my exhaust cost? It is a full two brothers polished aluminum with yellow words that say two brothers on it. As far as I know they don't make it anymore and I purchased the bike with it already installed. I tried to contact they buyer but it has been over a year and the phone number is not the same.

Old 05-30-2010, 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by Jmclmorrow
One of my questions is does anyone know how much my exhaust cost? It is a full two brothers polished aluminum with yellow words that say two brothers on it. As far as I know they don't make it anymore and I purchased the bike with it already installed. I tried to contact they buyer but it has been over a year and the phone number is not the same.
Not sure on the cost of the exhaust but it is going to be well over what the insurance will consider repairable. She'll be totaled and given a salvage title.

Old 05-30-2010, 11:13 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hate to say it but teko is right. If she has insurance, they're just gonna offer a check. If you're asking the value of the TBR pipe for insurance purposes, if its no longer in production the insurance company has to pay the value of the nearest value replacement. So that'd prolly be the V.A.L.E M-2 Aluminum canister at $399.

Old 05-30-2010, 11:19 PM

Originally Posted by Kuroshio
If you're asking the value of the TBR pipe for insurance purposes, if its no longer in production the insurance company has to pay the value of the nearest value replacement. So that'd prolly be the V.A.L.E M-2 Aluminum canister at $399.
Ive seen pictures of bikes on here with the same exhaust and was hoping someone would look and see this and remember what theirs cost. I'm asking more for my curiosity right now because I am still waiting to hear back from the police.

Old 05-31-2010, 12:11 AM

i had the same thing happen to me a few months ago. the guy was drinking but my neighbor (some crazy chick) saw the whole thing and ran down to my door at 3am and starting banging on it to get me up before he could split. the damage totaled the bike but i talked to the claims adjuster and told him i didnt want a salvage title so he made it 100 dollars less that what would be totaled. then i told the chode who hit my bike he had to make up the difference or he was gonna get ****ed up. he payed me and i ended getting 400 dollars over the value of the bike. only downside was it took forever to get my bike up and running again(thats what i get for marrying a girl who hates motorcycles). hopefully you get yours fixed soon its summer time!

Old 05-31-2010, 01:05 AM
I Can't Sell Because I'm Hardheaded
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just hope who ever hit your bike HAS insurance...

Old 05-31-2010, 12:15 PM

Man that really freggin sucks. Buy your neighbor a case of beer or somthing for looking out for yah !! I hope they nail the scumbag to the wall who hit your baby. Whatever happend to taking responsability for your actions ?!?! People these days.....

Old 05-31-2010, 10:10 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn man hope you have luck in catching the POS.

I didn't see Frame Sliders mentioned. Did you have any? are you going to consider them now? post some pics up alot of guys on here have spare parts lying around, and by seeing pictures might shoot you some deals.

Rip F4i?? hopefully your not thinking its totaled?!

Old 05-31-2010, 10:35 PM
July 2010 ROTM

the f4i can never be totaled, its always fixable

Old 05-31-2010, 11:14 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just hope who ever hit your bike HAS insurance...
+1. That would be my luck.
Wait... that was my luck.
$1400 of damage done to my car and the beatch didn't have squat. Never even made her FIRST insurance payment.
Only consolation is that my tough azz 1990 Civic Hatch absolutely destroyed her brand new focus. Had to get it towed, I drove away, and she got some warrants.

Hope everything works out for you, though, man. Tough break.