F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

rimstripes coming soon (PICS ARE UP!!!)

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2007, 11:04 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default rimstripes coming soon (PICS ARE UP!!!)

well, why i ordered something else.....idk, lol. everything i order seems to get screwed up (not by ME). well anyhow, to complete my reflective wing shadows i ordered some reflective white rimstripes. i think it will look pretty sweet. whats everyone elses opinion on white rimstripes on a white/red F4i? i did a search and most people w/ the same color scheme went w/the red. ifigured since my wing shadows arereflective white at night......i'd stick w/ that.i'll get pics up as soon as i get'em! cant wait

Old 06-21-2007, 11:10 PM
Registered Users
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: rimstripes coming soon

that'll look sweet...can't wait for the pics....i think i want to do red reflective with mirror black rims, but now people got me thinking about a two-tone rim or maybe even a solid red rim....i'll be interested to see how yours turn out...

where you order from?

Old 06-21-2007, 11:14 PM

got'em from tapeworks.com. they screwed up my order w/ the reflective wing shadows but when i called them they were very good people to deal w/ and even sent me the reflective ones (i initially ordered the plain, gloss black) at no extra charge for screwing up my order! so i was happy w/ my first purchase from them......besides the wait.....but we all hate waiting for the UPS man im sure.

do a search for TheX's rimstrips/pics. his bike looks insaaaaaaaane! one clean, amazing looking RR and the orange rimstripes really took it over the top!

Old 06-22-2007, 01:52 AM

Old 06-22-2007, 03:32 AM
IDL

Let us know how easy they are to install, i'm flirting with the idea myself

Old 06-22-2007, 05:56 AM

^ well i did a search and looked through many pics and peoples opinions on them and i found that almost everyone was more than pleased w/ the installation and outcome. i found only one person who wasnt happy w/ them. everyone said they are fairly easy to install. also, from Tapeworks they are precurved to make it a bit easier.

now i just ordered them yesterday so i wont get them until next week sometime but i'll be sure to dig this thread up and post pics.

Old 06-23-2007, 01:26 AM

dammit man, everytime I start thinking about doing something to my new white and red F4i, you beat me to it. (I love the shadow wing)

So did you order the white reflective? I cant decide if I want to go white or red. I had red on my last bike and I really liked it, but I think the white
would really set this bike off, however I am worried about how dirty the white stripes will get.

cant wait to see some pics

Old 06-23-2007, 05:06 AM

hahahaha, niceKrash....

i had the same problem, i have been thinking about getting these for a few weeks now but couldnt make my mind up on what would look the best between the white and the red stripes. i finally decided that the wing shadows are reflective white at night, so i'd stick w/ that reflective color. so i placed my order for reflective white.

go for the wing shadows Krash. they've got so SO many color options on there (tapeworks) and i get SO many compliments on them.

im probably not getting the rimstripes until the end of the week. but i will take day and night pics again and dig up this thread and post'em.

until then.............................................. ..................................anxiously awaiting the UPS man

Old 06-23-2007, 04:17 PM

ORIGINAL: krash

I am worried about how dirty the white stripes will get.

cant wait to see some pics
Hey Krash, nothing a damp papertowel cant take care of right before you ride. i dont think they'd really get so dirty that people would notice really.....idk. i'll def. get some pics up when i get'em!

Old 06-23-2007, 04:40 PM

My Tapeworks rim tape did not come precurved. I don't think that would make it any easier. At the local stealership, I saw rim tape that was despensed through a tool that aligned the tape to the edge of the tire. I'm going to purchase that and redo mine.

Quick Reply: rimstripes coming soon (PICS ARE UP!!!)