F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

riding in the rain..

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2007, 03:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: riding in the rain..

You can call me a puss or whatever, but I hate riding in the rain on the freeway with just a t-shirt on... or even worse, if a girl is riding with me and she has my helmet while I'm wearing shades. Those drops of rain feel like needles.
im sure he is kidding.

Old 03-13-2007, 04:39 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Never can tell

Old 03-14-2007, 03:37 PM

try not to ride in the rain but if i get caught which most people will i have enough since how to ride in it. or practice enough to cover the basics.

Old 03-14-2007, 04:07 PM

i rode in the rain last night... another down side is your bike gets kinda dirty =]

Old 03-14-2007, 04:38 PM

I rode in the snow.... sucked. It was on a DR200 tho so it wasn't a traction problem but a cold problem.

Old 03-14-2007, 04:44 PM

i haven't ridden my CBR in a downpour yet, but sooner or later i'm sure i'll get caught out. here in louisiana you never know when an afternoon thunderstorm will pop up.i rode my 01' gixxer 600 from deals gap to south carolina in torrential rain for 2.5 hours and not a hiccup. bike got dirty as **** though[:@]

Old 03-14-2007, 09:25 PM

i got cuaght in the rain once and only once and it was a down pour and i was on the threw way almost home 65mph and no where to stop. the bike held its own the worst problem was my visor fogging up and rain comin in the helment and on the front visor made it hard to see. i was really supprised at how well the bike ran though i thought fo sure by how hard it was raining the engine would be breaking up cuase of how much rain i was probly sucking in

Old 03-14-2007, 10:24 PM
IDL

I actuall did my road test in an absolute downpour. And it was VERY COLD.
Worst ride of my life, cause my waterproof gloves didn't hold up and my hands were numb with cold. My visor would fog up so I had to lift it up only to get pelted with rain on my face.

I was miserable, and I had to ride for 45 minutes

Old 03-15-2007, 02:49 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah here in Seattle I get caught every now and then in rain. Its not that bad I just take it easy. I guess my biggest thing is when my visor fogs up... I gotta fix that.

Old 03-15-2007, 03:12 AM
Official Welcome Crew Junkie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: woodyracing

I won't ride on the street if its raining butI love it on the track
maybe I'm crazy but if I'm riding on the street its to relax and chill out, low visibility and slippery roads don't help me relax or chill out so I don't do it

on the track it just makes things fun, teaches you how to be really really smooth and consistent and how to control sliding plus its just fun as hell!
+1
The first time I really rodein the rain was at Autobahn Country Club in Joliet,Il. at aSportbiketracktime.com event last Sept.
Iwas in the Intermediate group (first ones out) and found it quite enjoyable.
I started out slow then picked up the pace little by little 'till the bike told me not to go any faster.
Pushed front and rear around T4 on South course and by that time I said " Ok that's fast enough!"
Definitely a great learning experience.

Quick Reply: riding in the rain..