CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   Riding position; why I ride sport bikes (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/riding-position-why-i-ride-sport-bikes-123909/)

zjwilliams 04-14-2011 11:55 AM

Riding position; why I ride sport bikes

1 Attachment(s)
I thought this was hilarious because I work with a bunch of guys and we cover almost every style of bike that we own. Im sure some of you have seen this before but I thought it was worth putting up.

To make this a little on-topic, I was wondering how any of you prefer to ride at highway/freeway speeds? Do you have a stock windscreen and tuck under it? Or are double-bubble windscreens really that nice at higher speeds? Just bringing this up because being 6'1", 230lbs, my head and upper body get blown around quite a bit once I get up to speed

pittsm 04-14-2011 12:08 PM

yeah, i've seen that. pretty good.

i'm in the same boat as you. 6'2", 210 lbs. my windscreen is pretty pointless. other then for looks.

DBEAU 04-14-2011 12:44 PM

From my experience, when in full tuck after market windshields are beneficial. However, in a more upright relaxed riding position it just moves the air stream from your chest up to your helmet which makes it a bit more uncomfortable. I have a stock windscreen but I used to have a zerogravity double bubble.

I have two riding positions. The first and most common is how I ride twisties and most other roads including highways. I grip the tank with my knees, hunch over a bit using my core to support myself, keep my arms relaxed, and position the balls of my feet on the pegs.

My other riding position is very relaxed which I use for cruising around town or the highway or when a slow car gets in front of me on the back roads. I'll sit upright with my left leg pitched out and rest my hand or forearm on said leg.

kazspeed 04-14-2011 12:47 PM

My pet peeve --- when people ride in the tucked position ALL THE TIME

crzy1laz 04-14-2011 12:52 PM

well that explains why riding is as good as sex. maybe better my bike does what i want when i want and dont bitch about it! the hell with this im going riding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Krux 04-14-2011 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by kazspeed (Post 1039069)

I can ride in the tucked position at any time and be more comfortable then in the standard position. Being 5'9 at 140lbs I am small enough to get in that bubble so no air is bothering hitting my chest.

dveldtf4i 04-14-2011 03:34 PM

Haven't had the F4i on the freeway yet, but on my ex500 with stock screen my head and chest got blown around pretty good. I'm 6'1" and I couldn't tuck comfortably on that bike, but the wind didn't bother me too much. My biggest problem with wind at speed is the noise, but earplugs helps cure that.

04f4i-tim 04-14-2011 04:16 PM

Im 6' and weight about 175. I have the zero gravity db. Im able to sit up almost straight up and not feel much wind. When I had the stock screen the wind would blast me in the neck and chest.

boredandstroked 04-14-2011 04:41 PM

Im 5'11" and all stock up front. I used to tuck alot with my old helmets [I was going 42miles a day at 85mph most of the way for work] until I bought my Bell Star. Its so stable I don't need to tuck anymore. Of course at really high speeds I still tuck :)

City Bike Racing 04-15-2011 01:44 AM

Originally Posted by kazspeed (Post 1039069)

yep they look rediculous when they're full tuck heading down a city street at 35-40mph. makes me chuckle.

I'm 6'4" and have a chopped screen wind issues arent to bad until 60+ but I'm still able to tuck far enough comfortably for the wind to pass over my head.