F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Riding the f4i would have either saved my a$$ or burnt it. Damn moose

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2010, 02:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Riding the f4i would have either saved my a$$ or burnt it. Damn moose

So last night I worked till 10 and then hit the road for a 4 hour drive from Borden to Petawawa. Originally I was going to take the f4i but do to the bad forcast I decided to leave the bike and take the car. Biiiiiigggg mistake. Half way through algonquin park I had a moose run out infront of me from the left. I swerved around it and then at that exact moment another came running out from the right. Hitting a moose on the bike would have been deadly but at the same time had I been on the bike I would have made it between them but my G5 just wouldnt fit. Picture explains the rest.

Good news is the f4i is just fine. Thats what matters isnt it?? Cherish your bikes people. You just never know when something might happen to it.

Had to drive the car 30km to the nearest town to find a police station that was empty. Had family drive the 175km to me so we could go back and get the moose then head to police station 100km away. Didnt get home until 7am. I think its bed time.

Name:  P1080577.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  125.9 KB

Name:  P1080552.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  75.0 KB

Name:  P1080564.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  163.9 KB

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ll6RlDfKydo

Last edited by jondevos; 05-01-2010 at 03:55 PM.
Old 05-01-2010, 02:46 PM

damn bro, actually if you had taken the f4i your speed probily would have been different resulting you not being there at the moment the moose crossed the road. but anyway poor car. You went back for the moose?

Old 05-01-2010, 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by fubbzie
damn bro, actually if you had taken the f4i your speed probily would have been different resulting you not being there at the moment the moose crossed the road. but anyway poor car. You went back for the moose?
Yes sir. The speed thing is true. I would have been well past there already had I been on the bike. It took me about 2 hours to get back to it but I did. Quartered it and loaded in truck. Took the calf to get mounted. Not going to waste anything if I dont have to.

By the time I had got back to it wolves had already eaten out the whole rear end. Watched them run into the woods and they watched us as we quartered her. A little nerve racking having them right there.

Old 05-01-2010, 03:56 PM

funny how some anamals react to humans, they were probably excited to find a free meal then pissed when you who gave it to them took it away. I was hoping you were gonna tell me you went back to make moose burgers or something rofl, was waiting to laugh real hard.

Old 05-01-2010, 03:58 PM

MMMMMM Moose burgers.

Old 05-01-2010, 04:19 PM

Your Lucky Man! Your in one peice and that's good. I live in the mountains so somethings always running in front of you. I got rid of the 45 watts on my 96 CBR 900rr and put in some 50/65 watts. It helps when riding at night. I like to see what's in front of me.

Old 05-01-2010, 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by SEEYA7
Your Lucky Man! Your in one peice and that's good. I live in the mountains so somethings always running in front of you. I got rid of the 45 watts on my 96 CBR 900rr and put in some 50/65 watts. It helps when riding at night. I like to see what's in front of me.
I run dual HID projectors in my f4i. HUUUUUUGGGGGEEE difference.

Old 05-01-2010, 07:20 PM

**** dude glad your okay, 60 can be a interesting place at night.

Just blame it on being at Bordom and maybe your insurance company will be easy on ya. I might be in Pet later this year, off for my BMQ July 26 for Combat Engineer and I might be up doing some time with 2CER. I'll have my F4i so we'll have to start a F4i fan club :P

You on GTA Motorcycle?

eta - first post

Old 05-01-2010, 07:31 PM

Yes I am on course in Bordom until Oct. Hoping to get posted to pet after that. Only time will tell. Where are you from?

Old 05-01-2010, 07:37 PM

Mississauga, but born in BC. Cant wait for BMQ.

You on www.GTAmotorcycle.com ?

Quick Reply: Riding the f4i would have either saved my a$$ or burnt it. Damn moose