F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

RIDE GEAR-BEWARE!

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2006, 09:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RIDE GEAR-BEWARE!

ridegear.com hmmmmm....#@#%@$#%@^@#$^@$#^#[:@]

Ordered a ICON Mainframe helmet from them in March.
Helmet has a lot of 'defects'
-Shield flys up at speeds of 45mph+ (sometimes flying off the helmet)
-Can not remove shield now
-Stitching in the chin strap is coming undone.
-Even the 'ICON' sticker flew off.
-spent at least $50 on THREE new shield because of the fly off problem,

OK why do i hate ridegear.com ? There customer Service rep TOLD ME TO RETURN IT! And they would have a new one sent out IMEDITLY!
Man I was happy and fixing to order my new jacket and gloves from them.

But Wait! A week later I get an email stating they REFUSE to send me a new helmet because my old POS is not in sell-able condition and "We were unable to remove your shield" <--I'm serious. What part of the last quote tells you a piece of junk helmet?

Well Now its been 3 weeks and several good riding days have came and gone and still don't even have my crappy helmet back! So I call ridegear.com again finally get a ICON phone # out of them and going to try this route. Note:Icon list no phone numbers on their website and I've emailed them at least 5 times with no response.

Conclusion:[sm=icon_flaming.gif]
I HATE RIDEGEAR.COM !!! This incident has had me loose all faith with this company.

[sm=badbadbad.gif][sm=badbadbad.gif][sm=badbadbad.gif][sm=badbadbad.gif][sm=badbadbad.gif]

Old 01-24-2006, 10:38 PM
Banned
Default RE: RIDE GEAR-BEWARE!

Try the helmet shop in Daytona, they do mail order. My Shoei Camber with graphics was $344 last month, that was in-store, not sure what mail order was. Very happy with the helmet.

I'll put Ridegear on my boycott list along with Sears, Walmart, and my ex-wife.

Old 01-24-2006, 10:44 PM

might have a defective helmet. I've got 2 icon helmets, very happy with both of them. check out www.newenough.com great customer service, fast shipping, good stuff.

Old 01-24-2006, 11:04 PM

ORIGINAL: fullmetalf4i

might have a defective helmet. I've got 2 icon helmets, very happy with both of them.
I know it has to be a defictive helmet. All my gear i have is icon and i love it. Finally got a helmet because alot of my buddies have them and just rant and rave on how good they are. so i got one. I've stated to ridegear.com i dont want my money back just a new helmet. Their response "we sell the replacment shield locks" WTF?!?!?!I would understand if I bought a USED helmet and it needed parts not a less than ayear old helmet.
Oh well maybe when I call ICOn they will stand by thier product!MAYBE

Old 01-24-2006, 11:36 PM

u bought an Icon helmet thats the problem [:'(]

Old 01-25-2006, 12:37 AM
Retired Administrator

ICON seems to be 50/50 on here. You either hate or love them. I've tried them on, but I've never took one for a test. I'll have to see if I can find one of class mate that rides a hmmm... under my voice I say zx6.... and try out his helmet. I think my neighbor just bought one too. He rides an older 91 FZR street fighter.

Old 01-25-2006, 01:31 AM

yea i just got an Icon Mainframe earlier this evening - took it out for a spin and like how it feels/sounds/fits altogether

Old 01-25-2006, 01:51 AM
Retired Mod

sorry about the bad luck with ridegear.com. hopefully icon will take care of the problem.

and i'm one of the guys who don't like icon stuff. they're too flashy and thugish for me. and ive heard of problems with the gear holding up in a wreck. i bought an outrageously expensive pair of gloves (icon timax) and totally hate them. the fingers seemed short and very stiff and the cuffs were about 2 inches too big. they couldn't close around my wrists without drastically overlapping them. but maybe i'm just a weak long fingered skinny arm freak. who knows.

Old 01-25-2006, 01:33 PM

If you're looking to buy a helmet online, try www.helmetharbor.com. I've bought my helmets and other stuff from them the last few years. Great customer service, prices are are good and they're quick in getting your order processed and shipped. As an added bonus, they've tested and reviewed a lot of the helmets they sell. The times I've called, the owner is the person that has picked up the phone and he's taken the time to answer all my questions.

Old 01-25-2006, 03:24 PM

i don't understand why you have a problem with the website that sold you the helmet. You should have sent it back a long time ago, before the helmet was totally destroyed. What do you expect them to do? The fact that they were going to replace it was nice, I don't know how many places would even do that. But you tweaked the helmet to keep the visor on it sounds like. I can understand being upset, but there isn't any need to bash a website if their prices are good, and the buying transaction was smooth.

Quick Reply: RIDE GEAR-BEWARE!