F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Ridding two up with a split seat

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2009, 06:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JayBoCC2
i've got pictures for your girlfriend as to why she'll want to wear gloves, or any of her gear. It doesn't matter how pretty her nails are when she's got rash and scars all over her fingers, knuckles and palms...
No one here needs pictures to prove that mate, Joey is a safe ridin guy, seen it in his posts.

Old 06-23-2009, 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by 18ROCKET
No one here needs pictures to prove that mate, Joey is a safe ridin guy, seen it in his posts.
No worries Rocket,
to clarify,
my wife an i always wear full gear when ridin, she has fingerless riding gloves though. She also ownes a pair of full alpinestars gloves for the chilly weather, but then again she never rides with me when its that cold lol.
there's never much sliding around if any when we ride 2 up, with practice you get better and better at regulating braking to come to stops smoothly. no hands on tank needed.

Last edited by Joey_f4i; 06-23-2009 at 06:37 PM.
Old 06-23-2009, 08:43 PM

yea i don't have this problem. any bitch riding on my bike would have four legs and bad breath. damn, i need a girl.

Old 06-24-2009, 02:29 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

K7inne09, I know what you mean. Good god, they think "Oh, we're slowing down, time to wiggle about like a fish", and the bike seems like it's gonna tip.

Old 06-24-2009, 07:37 AM

I wouldn't even use fingerless gloves on a sportsbike, those are for cruisers and the likes. For me it's full cover from head through fingers to toes.

Old 06-24-2009, 10:33 AM

OMG, the split seat and the wife for the first time, oh yea, the boys got crushed as she came slamming down onto my seat. She didn't like her seat, too high up and far back she says, she likes to wrap her arms around me and hold on while rubbin you know what on the back side. Uhm, ok, was that too much detail? HAHA

Anyways, I sit close to the tank and because of that there is a lot of room on my seat still, so the wife fits in the open spot behind me, essentially, we could take a 3rd person on the second seat, lol. She likes to pull close and move with me, which really makes it a lot easier instead of her gazing off into space and seeing something shiney only to pull the bike in that direction. For the most part, I love two up, now if I could just get my helmet from dancing with the wind from the nasty vortex she causes!!

Old 06-24-2009, 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by orags
I wouldn't even use fingerless gloves on a sportsbike, those are for cruisers and the likes. For me it's full cover from head through fingers to toes.
Well thats a matter of opinion, your opinion.
lol, take a look at my rides bud, I have a nighthawk.
We ride regularly on her, its once in a blue-moon that we two-up on the F4i.... but thanks for the concern.

Anywho, were deviating from the original subject matter, OP wanted to know about two up riding, and like stated before, since you are now riding with extra weight that you are not usually accostomed to, it best to practice your brake regulation to compensate for the extra weight. I usually use my front brake only when I ride solo maybe with a bit of back brake, but when I two up ride I still use mostly the front but use the rear brake a bit more and gradually increase until we reach the stop. smooooooth

Last edited by Joey_f4i; 06-24-2009 at 01:24 PM.
Old 06-25-2009, 04:22 PM

No doubt Zero1080 , Even worse when its red about to turn green, youre slowing down and they get comfortable and think your going to stop and let go of you and you you start to go again and you think youre going to lose them lol... must anticipate EVERYTHING when riding. Jeez

Old 06-25-2009, 08:06 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I think its easier w/ passenger on split-seat.

Since my wife rides her own bike, its rare that I have her on the back of my split-seat converted F4. However, she has been on the split-seat once for about 50 mi or so when her bike was in the shop...& she had no problems back there whatsoever. In fact, I liked it better than the banana seat. W/ the single seat, she would force me into the tank. Now, when she does actually ride on the back w/ me, she's not pushing against my back. She generally holds on to me by gripping my belt or hands around waist.

Old 06-26-2009, 10:40 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Joey_f4i
Well thats a matter of opinion, your opinion.
lol, take a look at my rides bud, I have a nighthawk.
We ride regularly on her, its once in a blue-moon that we two-up on the F4i.... but thanks for the concern.
Umm... when did the make of a bike change how your fingers get skinned with half-gloves when you slide across the road?

Quick Reply: Ridding two up with a split seat