F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Review for GP exhuast EBAY SPECIAL!

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2008, 02:12 PM
yan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Review for GP exhuast EBAY SPECIAL!

Ireceiveda GP Exhaust off of ebay, came shipped in 3 days and it only cost 80$ shipped. NOT BAD RIGHT!

Well... Here is what i got.. I figured it would be cheap and I was right! I just wanted to buy it for testing purposes only. It does not look bad but the chrome on it will peel off soon i can just tell buy its cheapness. The exhaust from tip to the end is 9inches long, and the diameter is 2.375inches. It does have internals which combine spun fiberglass that surronds a baffle. I'm sure this will sound ridiculously loud, but i dont care about the noise right now!As soon as i mount it I will post a sound clip. On the instructions i received it stated *Break in takes about 100 miles and the sound of the exhuast will change.* So I will get you a before and after sound clip.

Here are a few phone pics before mounting *Sorry had to use the camera phone for the time being!*

I'am not trying to promote this product by any means just thought i would help you all out and write a review on this product. I have a powercommander on the f4i and I plan on a dyno tune to see results.

Old 10-30-2008, 02:20 PM
Default RE: Review for GP exhuast EBAY SPECIAL!

I was looking into one of those a while back, there was actually a thread going on it also. Anyway, ya those things are crap. Its made up of about $20 worth of stuff from Autozone. It doesnt even form a airtight seal around the manifold. There was also alot of concern about backpressure issues. I ended up going with the HR1 Riot pipe and never looked back.

Edit: Found the thread:

https://cbrforum.com/m_606967/mpage_3/key_/tm.htm

Old 10-30-2008, 02:28 PM

Im sure that piece would have plenty of back pressure but there is a science to 'quality' exhaust design where the pulse of the exhaust is controlled and proper backpressure is obtained for optimum power. Most of the expensive exhausts still have a VERY simple design. Run it til it falls off or until the lead and pot metal melts.

Old 10-30-2008, 07:50 PM

Wow $80 that's one expensive exhaust tip... and that's all it is. Got my Yoshi TRS Carbon Fiber on Ebay for $170.

Old 10-30-2008, 07:56 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't care about how loud it is? You should, loud *** pipes give sportbikes a bad name when you disturb other people.

Old 10-30-2008, 08:15 PM

I am making my own Moto gp exhaust soon. I guess i will let you guys know how it turns out

Old 10-30-2008, 09:11 PM

i dont understand why they are called moto gp, if anybody has ever heard a gp bike in real life,,,,,, there is no matching them on the street no questions hands down!

Old 10-31-2008, 01:42 PM

but loud *** bikes get noticed by otherwise oblivious drivers in suv's (that are on the phone andreading the newspaper)

Old 10-31-2008, 02:57 PM

All I can say is you get what you pay for. My bike is my baby and I spend the most I can afford or save up for what I want. Nothing but the best. Your slip on looks like a chrome tip for an exhaust, if that is what you like then more power to you. There was a guy in my city that had one and every rider hated him, including cruisers. He got made fun of all the time and nobody would ride with him either. Reputation is something that is very important, if you give yourself a bad one, it will take forever to get rid of it. Think smart before you act. Set the example, don't be one.

Old 10-31-2008, 03:19 PM

That must have been a big piece of paper in that fortune cookie. lol But seriously Stephans is 100% right, its not that loud is a bad thing but that exhaust tip is going to have no tone what so ever and you may find people staying away from you on the road.

Quick Reply: Review for GP exhuast EBAY SPECIAL!