F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Repsol Replica

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2007, 11:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Repsol Replica

ORIGINAL: butter0612

Awesome paint job, I have wanted to do that same so bad... great work.

I didn't read any quantities or whether or not you used the base cote that color rite has on there site.
How many cans of each color you use? And did you use there recommended base cote color?

Thanks
i ended up using three sets of cans of the orange (wheels and tank sucked it up)and one of the rest. you can use a generic base coat color - the red and orange require white; the pearl siren blue requires black. that will save you over $100, although i learned the hard way. i got the stickers from alloutgraphics.com. they had the REPSOL on the side on white vinyl with a wavy bottom - but it was not tall enough so i had him send me just the REPSOL and i painted the white background for it. all the stickers are under the clear so it looks much better. i also had to modify the wings on the tank since the 1000RR tank is not the same shape.

the stickers were $85.i ended up spending about $500 for the paint from color-rite.com, and that's not including the clear. i used dupont chomaclear but lately have been spraying the PPG shopline 630 clear and it is awesome. cheap too.

i haven't ridden it since last summer, i've only been riding on the track with my track-only racebike. i started racing this year and am doing pretty well. so it is with a heavy heart that i must sell my bike. i put it on ebay tonight.

the good news is that the pics are pretty nice and you can see all the mods. check them out. (btw the old pics are still up and i can see them fine???)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...:IT&ih=012

Old 04-08-2007, 12:08 AM

It's on E-bay...you are selling it?

Bid is now at 1,999...

Put a Buy it now price of 3 grand plus change and I'll put it on my CC...most probably.

BTW...I know you won't at that price...but never hurts to try...

Old 10-19-2007, 04:37 PM

Ihave one too! sweet bike are they not, great job