F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Replacing Rear Inner Fender.

Old 08-01-2011, 07:50 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replacing Rear Inner Fender.

Hey everyone, I have been lurking the forums for a while for a lot of useful info. Thank you everyone for being very helpful!

I recently purchased a 2005 F4i, the price was good and the bike has a couple of flaws with it. The one that bothers me the most is the fender eliminator kit that the previous owner put in. He did a bad job with the wiring and the lights are so small it seems unsafe. Some of it may be my personal preference.

Since the fender eliminator kit that he got required him to cut into the inner fender, I want to put a stock fender back in. Would it be worth getting a stock fender, or is there a "classy" fender eliminator kit that I should look into?

Other than that I am glad to be a proud F4i owner! I am currently helping my friend find one. When winter comes I will give the bike some more TLC with a new clutch, and possibly a factory pro shift kit.

Thanks for all the help!

Old 08-01-2011, 12:34 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Welcome to the forum.

I have the '01-03 split-seat. I have the CompetitionWerkes Fender Eliminator. Its stainless. Installed exactly as represented & looks great, easy to clean as well. Its somewhat pricey but its quality product & structurally solid. There are any number of threads here on the forum for making your own FE just like the CW or other, for very little money.

Old 08-02-2011, 07:09 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When you purchased your kit what parts came with it? Did it use the OEM lights and did it keep the inner fender in one peace? I just want to know what parts I would need to purchase so I can install the CompetitionWerkes kit, or something comparable.
The current kit has very small break lights, small turn signals, and lack a license plate light.

Old 08-02-2011, 10:29 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The CWFE kit comes w/ everything needed, including license plate bracket. You cut back your stock inner fender/battery tray to install the FE (instructions included). Yes, the OEM tail light is reused.

I posted pics in an old thread here somewhere.