F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Replacing Rear Brake Pedal

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2014, 05:25 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replacing Rear Brake Pedal

I'm relatively new to bikes (even newer to working on them!) and my rear brake pedal is fubar from the previous owner. I bought a new pedal, but I was wondering if anyone could give me a run through on all what needs to be done to replace it. Anything I should keep in mind or any guides or anything I could take a look at?

Old 03-25-2014, 04:13 PM
Welcome Crew Technician
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You have a service manual? Listen, I say it because it very heavy details the steps to changing bits on the bike. Its pretty simple. A few parts go a certain way, but other than that, its pretty much bolt up. There is a few torque values in there as well. If you do not have it, I will give it to you. I will let you open and read the part, and if you want to then come back with questions ya know? Its basically this.

Remove right rearset (Footpeg bracket) by the 2 mounting bolts in front. Take out the cotter pin. Remove joint pin the cotter was through. Note where the 2 springs are at. Pull them off, The snap ring, washers go in a certain order here, First the thrust washer, then the wave washer then the snap ring last when assembling. slide off the pedal, done. Reverse for assembly.

-Poss

Last edited by PossibleOne; 03-25-2014 at 04:19 PM.
Old 03-25-2014, 11:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PossibleF4I
You have a service manual? Listen, I say it because it very heavy details the steps to changing bits on the bike. Its pretty simple. A few parts go a certain way, but other than that, its pretty much bolt up. There is a few torque values in there as well. If you do not have it, I will give it to you. I will let you open and read the part, and if you want to then come back with questions ya know? Its basically this.

Remove right rearset (Footpeg bracket) by the 2 mounting bolts in front. Take out the cotter pin. Remove joint pin the cotter was through. Note where the 2 springs are at. Pull them off, The snap ring, washers go in a certain order here, First the thrust washer, then the wave washer then the snap ring last when assembling. slide off the pedal, done. Reverse for assembly.

-Poss
I'm waiting on my service manual in the mail
Picked up the F4i Clymer manual.
Does it have a decent section on it?

Old 03-26-2014, 04:31 AM
Welcome Crew Technician
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yea man, open it up and take a look. Same thing I described above, that is all is litterly to it. Very simple.

-Poss