CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   Replaced FPR & MAP and still getting 2 blinks error code (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/replaced-fpr-map-still-getting-2-blinks-error-code-130185/)

kukku 08-28-2011 02:51 AM

Replaced FPR & MAP and still getting 2 blinks error code

Hi All,
Haven’t been in here in a very long time; new job new house etc. = no time for anything else. Now that I can start enjoying myself again the bike is giving me some grief. I got the 2 blinks error code – MAP sensor issues. So, I start with checking the FPR (read my mechanic checks FPR) as I was smelling gas and found to be faulty. We replaced it with a new one, and serviced the bike (oil, filters, replaced coolant etc.), had to replace the spark plugs as one was found to be faulty. After a couple of outings, the MAP sensor problem returned. Ordered a new one and replaced, took the bike out a couple of times and all was fine with the exception of running slightly hotter than usual. It is 80 degrees here at night so not a biggie but will burp the system just in case. Took the bike out last night and when starting from cold it didn’t idle enough ..... and gave the MAP sensor fault again. I rode it till it warmed up, switched it off and on again; the fault disappears for the rest of the journey. What’s wrong with it guys?

Thanks a million for any help.
Chris

kukku 08-30-2011 06:07 AM

......... Anyone?

F4iFern 08-30-2011 11:14 PM

i would like to get information about this as well. my bike does the same thing and i am thinking about buying a new map Sensor for 127$. if buying a new one not going to make it work, i owuld like to find a way to fix it.

F4iFern 09-01-2011 02:36 PM

You figure anything out on your own about the problem with your bike Chris?

lesiak392 09-01-2011 03:55 PM

I have had a similar problem and started after I the restrictor removed (UK cat A licence). It was occasionally coming on but seemed to occur every ride after I put new downpipes on and thought they weren't tightened properly.

I racked my brains and always thought I had solved the problem but it ended up being ALL the MAP hoses were blocked with an 'oily sludge'. I cleaned this out and all is well. I would suggest before paying for a new one, check all the hoses if you can do this yourself obviously. If not, take it in to have the hoses checked as this is the usual problem.

Hope this helps.

F4iFern 09-01-2011 04:20 PM

alright thanks I just went to look at the Map sensor and i took it off and put it back on and started the bike. It turned on fine and the Fi light never turned on either did it take a while for the choke to start up. so i blew it with an air compressor to see if i could clean it out a bit so ill see how that ends up in the long run.

kukku 09-02-2011 02:09 AM

Not yet, but cleaning the MAP sensor hoses is on the cards. Will let you know how it turns out.