F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Removing the baffle: tell me the pros and cons

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2009, 05:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CHEMISTRANGER
My F4i has a straight pipe & that Mother is LOUD!!!!!!! Too loud in my opinion...... Yes it is fun for a very short time & then it gets annoying..... To my surprise I have had several compliments on how good people think it sounds..... It does sound mean & nasty but unless you wear earplugs you will probably get tired of it......

The only reason mine has a straight pipe is because I bought my bike like that..... I got a good deal on my bike so it was worth knowing I would have to buy a new exhaust for it...... Also it allows me to pick the after market exhaust that I want...... I haven't had my bike very long, so I am looking at exhausts now......

On top of it being too loud & annoying, everyone says you lose bottom end ....... I would rather have more bottom end than top end because who is going to consistently go over 150mph..... I can't wait to see what my bikes bottom end is like after the new exhaust..... I have never ridden it with anything but the straight pipe & it runs great/fast now..... If I will get even more horsepower & torque with a new exhaust, then that is awesome because it already flies.....

top end power doesnt mean you need to do 150 mph it the top end of your power band like 7k + on a bike when you want power do you just hamer on it in 5th or 6th no because you will tost your clutch that way. at about 60 mph or so you drop it to 2nd or 3rd and get some. so yos topend power is great but you need to find a happy medium with low and high.

Old 07-03-2009, 03:44 PM
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by purpleslug
top end power doesnt mean you need to do 150 mph it the top end of your power band like 7k + on a bike when you want power do you just hamer on it in 5th or 6th no because you will tost your clutch that way. at about 60 mph or so you drop it to 2nd or 3rd and get some. so yos topend power is great but you need to find a happy medium with low and high.
You were doing so well at first...

You are correct you don't have to do 150mph to reach redline while riding. But giving it full throttle in 5th or 6th at low rpm is not going to hurt your clutch. Your not making any power at low rpm so whats going to "tost" it?