CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   Removing the baffle: tell me the pros and cons (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/removing-baffle-tell-me-pros-cons-96420/)

Showtime_III 07-01-2009 01:05 AM

Removing the baffle: tell me the pros and cons

edu me

do you loose back pressure? if so, is it by a lot?

how hard is it to do?

usafstud 07-01-2009 10:22 AM

You will lose power through out the powerband. Maybe some gain at the top. I removed all the baffle and packing out of my Jardine pipe. It was loud. Very very loud. Lost low end. And when I had a K&N air filter, the bike would die at lights because way too much air was going through the system.

Showtime_III 07-01-2009 11:44 AM

really? ive seen straight piped 600's that didnt die at idle.

cageless 07-01-2009 12:08 PM

pros: NONE

Showtime_III 07-01-2009 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by cageless (Post 804412)
pros: NONE

i would like the sound. ive been reading hp gains, but maybe thats only for liter bikes

dave ls1 07-01-2009 05:03 PM

yes, no, easy

mikewest 07-01-2009 07:21 PM

Pro's, well not many really. You're going to lose a bit of back pressure. Cons, well you're probably going to get ticketed by the pigs if they hear you thrashing on the gas at all.

CHEMISTRANGER 07-01-2009 11:11 PM

My F4i has a straight pipe & that Mother is LOUD!!!!!!! Too loud in my opinion...... Yes it is fun for a very short time & then it gets annoying..... To my surprise I have had several compliments on how good people think it sounds..... It does sound mean & nasty but unless you wear earplugs you will probably get tired of it......

The only reason mine has a straight pipe is because I bought my bike like that..... I got a good deal on my bike so it was worth knowing I would have to buy a new exhaust for it...... Also it allows me to pick the after market exhaust that I want...... I haven't had my bike very long, so I am looking at exhausts now......

On top of it being too loud & annoying, everyone says you lose bottom end ....... I would rather have more bottom end than top end because who is going to consistently go over 150mph..... I can't wait to see what my bikes bottom end is like after the new exhaust..... I have never ridden it with anything but the straight pipe & it runs great/fast now..... If I will get even more horsepower & torque with a new exhaust, then that is awesome because it already flies.....

VTcbr 07-01-2009 11:52 PM

What does your staight pipe consist of??

Is it simply the stocker gutted out?

got_rice64 07-02-2009 02:50 PM

I bought a used Yosh RS-1, I didn't know the baffle was out till I installed it. Personally I like how it sounds, and how cars can hear me coming. But you do lose back-pressure which results in a loss of low-end power. Recently my chain was way loose, so I replaced it with a +2 in the back, to compensate. Much better now.

-Sherman