F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Reflective rim strips installed with pics!

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2007, 05:10 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Reflective rim strips installed with pics!

ORIGINAL: MotoGPFan26

Tool?? Hell...no tools needed as long as you aren't blind. I've put them on before on another bike, so this was my second time putting on rim strips, but I did all 4 sides tonight in like 10 minutes and they are close enough to a perfect circle that you'd have to doradial measurements to know any different.
the tool is more of a convenient factor as well as to make the strips make a perfect circle. it was just some small plastic piece that you insert the strip into then you just stick away. it guides it along the rim to make it perfect. you say it took 10 minutes on yours but as i said it's more for convenience cuz it only took me like 2 minutes to put on all 4.

Old 09-29-2007, 08:09 AM

ORIGINAL: oodayvidoo

the tool is more of a convenient factor as well as to make the strips make a perfect circle. it was just some small plastic piece that you insert the strip into then you just stick away. it guides it along the rim to make it perfect. you say it took 10 minutes on yours but as i said it's more for convenience cuz it only took me like 2 minutes to put on all 4.
Gotcha. I just used my thumb to guide the strips. I can see where a plastic guide would make things easier though...

Old 09-29-2007, 10:41 AM

So MotoGpfan Where did you get teh perfect match from? tapeworks? id like to get them but havent really looked around yet. Thanks

Old 09-29-2007, 11:58 AM

www.tapeworks.com

Old 09-29-2007, 02:06 PM

I got mine in yellow from an ebayer in the UK. , I bought the 6mm once, which look totally great ! Not too fat. Anyways here's the link to this seller. http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZcustomizedtezza

Old 09-29-2007, 02:39 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i got mine from Tapeworks. they have some really excellent customer service, i recommend them! they sent me the wrong wing shadows (sent me shadows for a '07 1K RR) and when i called they let me ship them back for free PLUS upgraded me from gloss black to reflective black! excellent excellent people!

Name:  reflect.jpg
Views: 60
Size:  28.3 KB

Old 09-29-2007, 04:33 PM

Yes...great service. A year ago I was looking for some strips and everyone online kept saying go to tapeworks.com. So...I did. Well, I wanted to contact them about getting strips in a custom width and when I looked at their contact info it listed their city as Raleigh, NC. I thought "no way." Well, turns out the guys are about 45 minutes from my house.

So, I made a trip up there to see them and they are a GREAT bunch of guys. Will cut strips to any width you need. I had mine cut to 1/4 inch on my F4i. Last year they cut strips for me at 3/16 inch for another bike I had.

They've got a really cool shop and you could'nt ask for a better bunch of guys. They ship out ASAP when you order. Lucky for me I just drive up the road 40 minutes and I'm at their shop. I highly recommend them.

I love those reflective wings you've got. I think I may get some reflective wing "shadows" now that I've seen yours.

Old 09-29-2007, 04:38 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

thanks motogpfan! my g/f just bought a '01 silver/black and we're thinking of what color wing shadows to get her........i think they are one of the coolest mods to throw on a F4i, they just make those bland boring wings POP! we're thinking about getting some red ones, what'cha think? (beware, ****ty "paint" work done below, hahaha)

Name:  bike2.jpg
Views: 39
Size:  71.7 KB

Old 09-30-2007, 12:47 AM

anybody with a blue 06 f4i have reflective wing shadows? if so what color? i want to get some reflective wing shadows but i also wanted it to match the color scheme that the bike already had.

Old 09-30-2007, 01:05 AM

ORIGINAL: oodayvidoo

anybody with a blue 06 f4i have reflective wing shadows? if so what color? i want to get some reflective wing shadows but i also wanted it to match the color scheme that the bike already had.
I was going to do silver...same color silver as is already on the bike...that's my plans.

Quick Reply: Reflective rim strips installed with pics!