F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Red Paint suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2007, 03:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Red Paint suggestions?

I convinced myself to repaint my bike as a solid red color. I want it to be as bright and nice as possible.

What should I be telling the paint guys? I've never painted anything before or taken anything to get painted.

Do I just tell them to paint it a nice bright red? Or do I have to give them a type of paint code?

Old 03-28-2007, 05:17 PM
Default RE: Red Paint suggestions?

Man the best way is to just print out a red that you think looks the best and they can pretty much match it.

Unless if its a red that is on a certain stock car or truck that you want to duplicate, just tell them what make and model it is and they should have all the colors codes in a book or computer so they can know what to mix.

Old 03-28-2007, 06:24 PM

if you give them the code then they can get it wrong, but if you give them the name like "midnight blue" or "shine pearl red" they will also know what do to. I would recommend you look at cars and other bikes and see what red you want the most and them tell the autobody guy that you want that cars/bikes color.

Old 03-28-2007, 08:04 PM

Primary Red.

They can't F that up.

Old 03-29-2007, 01:07 AM

They should have chip colors at the shop, meaning they should either have a book full of colors or small samples of it already painted on little pieces of metal/plastic. And +1 on finding a picture or a car that it is already on. Personally I dont think you can go wrong with Ferrari Red.

Also I think it would look bad *** if you through some metal flake in there, make that thing sparkle in the sun, but thats coming from a custom painter

Old 03-29-2007, 02:27 AM

"Honda winning red" is the best red I ever saw. It's the one youe see on my bike's side.

Old 03-29-2007, 02:28 AM

i like the 600RR red. i would go with a factory bike or car color to make it easier to see what you like and have a painter duplicate it.

i also like gaurds red, common porsche color among other makes.

bmw made a mugello red i really lke, found on the older M3's, kinda got a tinge of orange and pink and looks pastel red to shiney red depending on lighting, not a darker red like the typical "sports car red". cinnabar red would be hot too, found on the old school m3's, has a bit of orange in it.

lemme see if i can find pics. they both look pretty similar to the 600RRred that i like, damnit, they dont show up, here is a link, this is cinabar red on a e30 m3, mugello red is from the next gen m3 and is similiar except in person. either way, they look like the 600rr red.

http://www.m3bmw.com/img/featured/leo_18.jpg

Old 03-29-2007, 02:33 AM

hmm here's another question i got.

Does the cost differ when you choose certain paints? If I were to get the ferrari red... would that cost more than getting a honda winning red? I'm not sure if the paint shops buy the paint from the dealerships if you choose those colors or if they get the code and mix it themselves.

Old 03-29-2007, 02:35 AM

ORIGINAL: ddaren

hmm here's another question i got.

Does the cost differ when you choose certain paints? If I were to get the ferrari red... would that cost more than getting a honda winning red? I'm not sure if the paint shops buy the paint from the dealerships if you choose those colors or if they get the code and mix it themselves.
color is color and is mixed by the painter by using the code and mixing the approprate different colors to get an excact match. what will vary the price is the brand of paint, ppg, chromabase, ect. <--im nota paint expert, so those are the only names i can muster up. i would think a simple enamel paint would look fine, should be pretty cheap

Old 03-29-2007, 03:14 AM

Quick Reply: Red Paint suggestions?