F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Recommendations on Full Suit

Old 03-25-2011, 01:35 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Recommendations on Full Suit

I'm looking for some recommendations on a full leather suit or two piece that is well ventilated and that can be comfortably be worn during warm/hot summer days.

Old 03-25-2011, 08:51 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a full leather Honda suit that I swear. Its a to piece that zips up to a one piece. Its for the track. I love it though its nice

Old 03-25-2011, 09:38 AM

I hate to be that guy...

But this has nothing to do with the f4i, and you'd probably get a much faster response in the "Off-Topic" section.

Old 03-25-2011, 11:08 AM

...or maybe even the track-day section.

Old 03-25-2011, 11:12 AM
April 2011 Ride of the Month

Dianese or A* ftw

Old 03-25-2011, 11:48 AM

To be honest, no 1 or 2 piece leather suit will be comfortable to wear on a warm/hot day.

I would recommend that you save your pennies and get a nice suit that has thick leather protection and body armour. I personally run alpinestars.

Check out the wera classifieds for great deals and a wide selection of suits.

Old 03-25-2011, 04:00 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by AyoMo
I'm looking for some recommendations on a full leather suit or two piece that is well ventilated and that can be comfortably be worn during warm/hot summer days.
While I have both 1pc & 2pc suits, I find the 2pc to be more versatile. My 1pc is Spidi & my 2pc is Alpinestars.

When I'm strictly going for twisty rides, I'll typically wear my 1pc. However, if I'm going to make a day of it (especially in summer), complete w/ meal stops, long breaks, etc, I'll wear my 2pc. I can simply just take off the jacket & relax. If you do any sport touring, making stops to visit attractions/exhibits/etc, being able to take off the jacket to be comfortable walking around in just your leather pants & boots is a real plus.

Old 03-25-2011, 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by gotcbr
While I have both 1pc & 2pc suits, I find the 2pc to be more versatile. My 1pc is Spidi & my 2pc is Alpinestars.

When I'm strictly going for twisty rides, I'll typically wear my 1pc. However, if I'm going to make a day of it (especially in summer), complete w/ meal stops, long breaks, etc, I'll wear my 2pc. I can simply just take off the jacket & relax. If you do any sport touring, making stops to visit attractions/exhibits/etc, being able to take off the jacket to be comfortable walking around in just your leather pants & boots is a real plus.

This is what I was going for, I should have elaborated more in my first post. I won't be hitting the track as of yet but I want to feel safe and comfortable while riding twisties during warmer/hot summer days. I talked to a few people and a two piece is what most of them recommended. Alpinestar and Dianese is what everyone is recommending.

is there a certain model I should look at that is better or more comfortable than the rest?

Appreciate the help

Old 03-25-2011, 06:34 PM

If there are any bike shops the sell leather in your area you should go to one and have a look as if you order something over the internet you might not like the fit when it comes

Old 03-25-2011, 07:22 PM

I don't know how much you want to spend but check out topgearleather.com
They have some nice looking gear for a good price.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Recommendations on Full Suit