F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Recommend a good wheel chock

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2009, 09:40 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Recommend a good wheel chock

I'm looking to get a good locking wheel chock to bolt down into my pick-up bed. I was curious to see what others are running and what you would recommend. Do they make different widths for different bikes on the front?

Any advice appreciated. I've heard Baxley is good but they are expensive.

Old 06-08-2009, 09:48 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They make good removable ones in the $30 - $60 range that will work fine. yes there are ones made specifically for the wheel/tire size of sportbikes or cruisers and they are universal ones too. I would suggest a anodized or powder coated one tho cuz chrome rust way to easy.

edit: oops mis the locking part in your post lol, those I seen starting at $75 & up, rest of my post still applies tho.

Old 06-08-2009, 02:55 PM

The harbor freight one is bad because the bar over the front tire is to narrow and once the bike is in there it wedges itself in there and you cannot get it out easily (or with a lot of force either).

Old 06-09-2009, 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by PlayfulGod
They make good removable ones in the $30 - $60 range that will work fine. yes there are ones made specifically for the wheel/tire size of sportbikes or cruisers and they are universal ones too. I would suggest a anodized or powder coated one tho cuz chrome rust way to easy.

edit: oops mis the locking part in your post lol, those I seen starting at $75 & up, rest of my post still applies tho.
Aren't the locking ones better? How exactly does a removable one work? Do you just pull into it and hope it stays? I'm looking for one that will make loading the bike by myself easy.

Old 06-09-2009, 09:33 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JeremyGSU
Aren't the locking ones better? How exactly does a removable one work? Do you just pull into it and hope it stays? I'm looking for one that will make loading the bike by myself easy.
they have bolts that you bolt into the trailer or bed of your truck and then the chock just sits n hooks onto the bolts and then you strap it down like normal. With the locking ones, they mount about the same and the bike just rolls up into it and it rotates up n locks into place and you can even put a lock on it so no one can steal the bike(s). The you would still need to strap it down like normal.

As far as better, yea I guess the locking ones would be since once you get it locked in place it will hold the bike while you strap it down, but I have no problems do it all by myself w/o a chock ( Iplan on getting one too tho lol).