CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   Rearsets vs Riser plates (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/rearsets-vs-riser-plates-128380/)

JDean 07-17-2011 10:31 AM

Rearsets vs Riser plates

What is the main difference? I'm getting some toe drag now and it's a little annoying. Will the cheaper riser plates be good enough? They come with an extension for the shifter but what do I do about back break? Thanks!

Dragondima 07-17-2011 10:38 AM

It's about leg positions for leans and a more aggressive riding style for track and stuff.

F34Me? 07-17-2011 10:58 AM

I assume you mean adjustable rearsets? The risers will probably be a bigger change, but the direction and position are fixed. With the rearsets you can move things around to get it where you want it. As far as the rear brake goes, that connects right onto the rearset and won't need to be changed either way.

JDean 07-17-2011 12:31 PM

I wont be doing any track riding, but I can't ride as aggressive as I want without toe drag. I guess I can always get the risers and if the position isn't where I like it, switch to adjustable rearsets. Tryin to spend as little $ as possible on this one

GDM YO 07-18-2011 12:52 AM

Your toes shouldn't be hanging off of your pegs in the first place.

ozf4i 07-18-2011 03:31 AM

The riser plates are a good place to start, I was grinding my pegs down till I got them

boredandstroked 07-18-2011 02:45 PM

If your grinding your pegs get the riser plates. If your grinding your toes then move you foot its in the wrong spot.

madman 07-18-2011 06:19 PM

Have you removed the feelers from the footpegs yet?

If you're dragging PEGS (not toes) without the feelers on the street, you need to work on your body position big time.

I can easily get a knee down trackside without coming close to the footpegs and I am not reaching my knee out by any means.

If your toes are dragging you need to work on body position.

If you have awesome body position and you have been riding for years or have significant track experience combined with a good tire/suspension setup and are having problems dragging footpegs on the street, then you wouldn't be posting this question.

Another possibility is that your bike is lowered or the suspension is setup really bad which would make it easier to touch down.

That being said you would have to be pretty damn quick to have any issues with the 1" up and back rearset plates even on the track.

The right side (brake) by the way does not require any other modification to work with the plates.

JDean 07-18-2011 09:04 PM

Big feet? lol. My feet arent tucked as close the the bike as they could be I guess so i took a test ride with them real tight to the middle. Peg drug lol. What is the easiest way to take those off, dremel or saw then sand?

F34Me? 07-18-2011 09:16 PM

When cornering with a street bike, it is best to try to keep the bike as upright as possible. More bike lean is not better, you should lean with your body as much as possible to compensate. I used to get my feet taken off the peg every now and then til I learnt how to corner properly. Now my feet don't even come close to the road!

With dirt bikes it is the opposite, or if you are doing those weird Japanese courses that Yum likes to post videos of.